Help with Pioneer 1074 chainsaw

Hi all,
I 'm trying to revive this chainsaw I did use some years ago, just for the fun of it. It has been sitting on a shelf for at least five years, without any cleaning or maintenance. The problem is I don't have the user manual any more, so I dont even remember what oil-gas mix it needs. I guess 5% 2T oil would be safe, but can it use unleaded gas? I dont know what kind of oil the chain uses, either. I have bought a new spark plug, and visually checked the fuel ducts, carburetor, exhaust, clutch, etc. Everything seems to be in fine shape and moves smoothly. I wont sharpen or replace the chain until I'm able to make get it running, anyway. Of course nowadays it is impossible to find a manual for this saw, at least here in Spain, since Pioneer is long since out of business. I wonder if somebody is kind enough to tell provide some basic instructions for this model, so that I can at least try to get it started. At the very least I need fuel and oil specs. If possible, any additional technical or maintenance information will help.
TIA,
Daniel Donate Madrid, Spain

Most of these old saws used a 16:1 gas/oil ratio. Use chainsaw chain oil to lubricate the chain. The operating procedures should be like any old chainsaw.
While you're at it, you should rebuild the carburator with a diaphragm kit. They stiffen after a few years and make tuning it impossible.
GTO(John)
GTO69RA4 wrote:

I have a chainsaw that use 16:1. It's an OlioMac (an Italian copy of the ?Jonserud?) that I bought new in 1977. I have never seen any other chainsaw of that vintage that uses a 16:1 mix. My father-in-law had an excellent Pioneer at the time and it used 32:1 oil mix. Good point on the diaphragm. Also, the rubber hose to pickup the gas can deteriorate and plug the carb, so a new pickup hose is suggested also.
Start here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=pioneer+1074+chainsaw&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&output=search
Kevin
--
=====
"DanDon" < snipped-for-privacy@escharlamotor.org> wrote in message
My father-in-law had one. It used 32:1 mix. Use any high quality 2 cycle oil that says it can be used at a 40:1 ratio, but keep the ratio to 32:1. Any chainsaw bar oil is fine. If you cannot find bar oil, then use a mix of 30 wt oil and transmission fluid with a little of any of the sticky "oil saver" products for old cars such as "Motor Honey." A couple of ounces in a gallon of oil will work fine. Sure it can use unleaded gas.