Help with gloat accessary

I ran across a 60gal 6hp Campbell Hausfeld compressor model VT619501 cast iron , paid 190.00. SCFM 12@40 10@90 . Its in great shape, decals are all there with no signs of age. Guy wanted 225.00 but dropped down to 190.00. I think I got a fair deal. Or hope I did. Anyhow, I want to pick up some spray equipment. I have done the usual searches, but still feel like I'm trying to explain what makes a women tick to my son. I need a good gun or kit that will allow me to paint and finnish. I don't want to spend over 200.00. Something that I can grow with for a few years as I start to gain some knowledge and experience. I'm trying to avoid too much gee I wish I would of bought ***** instead.

Thanks for your help.

Ed (I'm looking for a deal on an 8in jointer)

Reply to
amazed

Ed:

Go to

and check out the Wagner conversion gun. I just bought one from them. I haven't used it yet, but it really looks like a great gun, especially for the money (~$125.00). They have alot of info on it. You can also check Amazon for reviews. I checked everywhere and Gleempaint has the best price.

snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Connors

Hi Ed

look at the devilbiss brand guns.And look for the HVLP conversion guns, though with your compressor you can use almost any gun. Get the best that you can ,it can really make a difference in the final finish and type of things and materials you can spray.

Len

Reply to
leonard

I'll Second that. DeVilbiss was running a two pack for something like $109 recently - don't know if it's still on or not. Not their best guns by any stretch, but plenty good enough for what you'll likely do with them.

Ok - I found it... the URL is (watch the word wrap)

enough gun for woodworking. And... the price is down to $99. You'll love the touch up gun.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
nospambob

The Grizzly G0500 is under $700 + S&H right now. I've had mine for about 6 months and it has been a very solid machine.

Reply to
mrgreg

That's the one I have been looking at. Can you add any thing more to your experience with it. Thanks Ed

Reply to
amazed

Bob, Thanks, what a great site. Just what I was looking for, a wealth of information and to top it off Jeff seems to be a solid guy who has no problem taking the time to help people.

Thanks again Ed

Reply to
amazed

or maybe the joints? a friend is looking to run some 3/4" air line and was wondering will standard solder be enough? Knight-Toolworks

handmade wooden planes

Reply to
Steve knight

This is obviously a troll... You know better than to EVEN ask this.

Nope, you're not gonna hook me...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

nah, not a troll.

copper's fine for compressed air. unless your friend is doing something with unusually high pressure air, plain old rigid copper with soldered joints is plenty strong.

I don't have numbers for ya, but ISTR that the margin is plenty.

Reply to
bridger

Man, am I stupid, I apparently had a brain fart and for some reason thought he said PVC. Yes, copper is quite fine. Don't forget to leave a low spot with a water drain.

Just ignore me, I've had a bad week. :-| I'm going back to hide in the closet now...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Yes, copper is preferred in many cases. Much easier to tap in for a new run compared to pipe. It is often used for industrial applications these days for that reason..

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
nospambob

Fit and finish were excellent. It is a very solid machine. It was well packed, but very heavy. You'll need at least 1 other person to put it together, 2 more would be helpful for putting the top part onto the base. My only complaints for assembly are that aligning the motor/belt took a little effort, and wiring the plug and switch weren't perfectly clear to me. Otherwise, it's my favorite machine in my shop. I set it to make very shallow cuts, and it hums right along. With 4 blades, the surface is very nice, I only do finish sanding with 320 for those faces. I haven't put anything 8" wide throught it yet, but there was no trouble at all with 6" oak. If I had to buy again, I wouldn't hesitate to get the G0500. It does come covered in grease, so you might want to get a can of degreaser. I got one from grizzly with my order and it was totally worth it. I think it was called "Sprayway C-60 Solvent Cleaner" part # G2544.

Reply to
mrgreg

Can you guys afford copper ? The price of copper pipe has gone crazy round here in recent years.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

As an aside, I was shocked recently over the price of copper wire. Was adding a 30 amp/240 circuit to my turnery and just about fell over when I reached for the 250 foot spool of 10 gage at $90. Instead* bought 2 -

100 foot rolls of 20 gage...

;)

*Actually went with the 10 gage by the foot and forfeited the notion of having extra on hand for when I replace some of the outlets in my garage.
Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

The first time in a LONG time a penny was worth anything...

Oh, wait - they don't make pennies out of copper anymore...

LMAO!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Back in my model railroading and r/c flying days,I used nickels as weight. Actual money was cheaper than any "weight" that I could buy.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Yeah, but we're cleaner for it. Those mines are dirty, dangerous places that pollute. Better to have them "over there" . That is, until they realize they have us over a barrel (oil analogy intended) because we haven't the capability to produce it ourselves.

Reply to
George