Help with gloat accessary

Page 1 of 2

I ran across a 60gal 6hp Campbell Hausfeld compressor model VT619501 cast iron , paid 190.00. SCFM 12@40 10@90 . Its in great shape, decals are all there with no signs of age. Guy wanted 225.00 but dropped down to 190.00. I think I got a fair deal. Or hope I did. Anyhow, I want to pick up some spray equipment. I have done the usual searches, but still feel like I'm trying to explain what makes a women tick to my son. I need a good gun or kit that will allow me to paint and finnish. I don't want to spend over 200.00. Something that I can grow with for a few years as I start to gain some knowledge and experience. I'm trying to avoid too much gee I wish I would of bought ***** instead.
Thanks for your help.
Ed (I'm looking for a deal on an 8in jointer)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ed:
Go to www.gleempaint.com and check out the Wagner conversion gun. I just bought one from them. I haven't used it yet, but it really looks like a great gun, especially for the money (~$125.00). They have alot of info on it. You can also check Amazon for reviews. I checked everywhere and Gleempaint has the best price.
snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:

I'll Second that. DeVilbiss was running a two pack for something like $109 recently - don't know if it's still on or not. Not their best guns by any stretch, but plenty good enough for what you'll likely do with them.
Ok - I found it... the URL is (watch the word wrap)
http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID 296&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keywordήvilbiss
Plenty enough gun for woodworking. And... the price is down to $99. You'll love the touch up gun.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:43:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

Bob, Thanks, what a great site. Just what I was looking for, a wealth of information and to top it off Jeff seems to be a solid guy who has no problem taking the time to help people.
Thanks again Ed
Add pictures here
βœ–
Placed an order and Jeff answered the phone and I had the chance to ask him "Jeff, when do you find time to sleep?" and got a chuckle as an answer. His site often posts his teaching schedule and he and Susan apparently run the finishing store without other help. I posted a problem I was having with shellac pulling away from an inside corner several years ago and Jeff responded that I was experiencing "fat edge" caused by surface tension as the shellac dried. I almost recognized the name then and certainly due now. He finally got a couple of other experts to function as forum moderators and he still responds frequently as well. I find the SEARCH function is a very valuable aid!
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:23:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
or maybe the joints? a friend is looking to run some 3/4" air line and was wondering will standard solder be enough? Knight-Toolworks http://www.knight-toolworks.com affordable handmade wooden planes
Add pictures here
βœ–
Steve knight said:

This is obviously a troll... You know better than to EVEN ask this.
Nope, you're not gonna hook me...
Greg G.
Add pictures here
βœ–

nah, not a troll.
copper's fine for compressed air. unless your friend is doing something with unusually high pressure air, plain old rigid copper with soldered joints is plenty strong.
I don't have numbers for ya, but ISTR that the margin is plenty.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs said:

Man, am I stupid, I apparently had a brain fart and for some reason thought he said PVC. Yes, copper is quite fine. Don't forget to leave a low spot with a water drain.
Just ignore me, I've had a bad week. :-| I'm going back to hide in the closet now...
Greg G.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes, copper is preferred in many cases. Much easier to tap in for a new run compared to pipe. It is often used for industrial applications these days for that reason..
Add pictures here
βœ–

Can you guys afford copper ? The price of copper pipe has gone crazy round here in recent years.
Add pictures here
βœ–

As an aside, I was shocked recently over the price of copper wire. Was adding a 30 amp/240 circuit to my turnery and just about fell over when I reached for the 250 foot spool of 10 gage at $90. Instead* bought 2 - 100 foot rolls of 20 gage...
;) *Actually went with the 10 gage by the foot and forfeited the notion of having extra on hand for when I replace some of the outlets in my garage.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Fly-by-Night CC said:

The first time in a LONG time a penny was worth anything...
Oh, wait - they don't make pennies out of copper anymore...

LMAO!
Greg G.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Back in my model railroading and r/c flying days,I used nickels as weight. Actual money was cheaper than any "weight" that I could buy. <G>
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:26:28 GMT, Ba r r y

I'm doing some bronze casting at present. The raw alloy is copper coins, sorted with a magnet to take the recent copper-over-steel ones out.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ba r r y said:

Yea, Barry, BTDT - a five gram weight was hard to come by growing up. I used to be able to prattle off the exact weights of every piece of coinage. Now I have trouble remembering who the dead guys are...
Greg G.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thats what you zinc!
--
Frank Stutzman

Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, but we're cleaner for it. Those mines are dirty, dangerous places that pollute. Better to have them "over there" . That is, until they realize they have us over a barrel (oil analogy intended) because we haven't the capability to produce it ourselves.
Add pictures here
βœ–