Help with cuting Melamine Panels

I am looking for some advice for what to do on a project I have started. I am trying to cut some Weyerhauser Melamine panels for a shelving system to go in the utility room. My problem is that when I get about halfway through the 16" panel, the blade starts to bind up in the cut and it begins to burn the panel. I got through the cut but really mangled the last three to four inches. BTW I am using a Circular Saw with a DeWalt Laminates Blade.
What am I doing wrong? Would it be better just to borrow some time on my friend's RAS, or do they even cut that wide? What would you suggest?
Thanks! :)
Chris Mooney
16 inch on a ras might be too wide it depends, try cutting half way through and tapping a wedge into the kerf to help keep the halves seperated so they dont pinch, cut SLOW, let the blade do the work. good luck
Christopher Mooney wrote:

I am not sure but the laminate blade I have has a shoulder on it. If so, set the cutting depth so that the shoulder of the blade in not into the kerf. with mine, I had to learn the hard way.
Mike

maybe you aren't supporting the cutoff properly. That can cause the kerf to close up and it gets worse as you have more unsupported material as the cut progresses.
dave
Christopher Mooney wrote:

http://www.WoodworkingTips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html
Look at making the jig....