Help with a lock

Heres hoping someone can help me out with a lock of some sort I need for a chest. The chest is about 36l x24w x 24h. It has 4" tall lid so a storage box can fit up inside and is rabbeted to fit down over the sides about 3/8". The problem Im having is getting some kind of a lock to work with that rabbet. The lid is obviously not flush with the case so most mortised locks wont work nor will any surface mounted locks. I thought about a hasp but it would require bending and I cant seem to find one that has a long enough hasp to make a bend and still reach. I could add a filler piece to the inside to give me something to mortise a strike plate or "keeper" for like a roll top desk kind of lock but even that would be a little funky to work out. I thought for sure there would be some kind of lock that would address the problem of a rabbeted lid but so far nothing. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Jim
-- ....
James Kountz asks:

Have you checked Lee Valley's array of locks? Their printed catalog has 9 pages of locks, many for use on chests, and others adaptable to such use. Check them out on-line or ask for a copy of the catalog: www.leevalley.com.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige