Help w/open stand jointer and DC

I'm looking for some advice on setting up dust collection on my Jointer. I have an old Jet JJ-6 jointer which is an open stand unit. I have the Jet 1100 dust collector. Does anyone have a good way to attach the DC hose to this jointer? First thing I did was enclose the stand but I am not collecting much of the dust. I think I need a smaller enclosure within the stand and don't want to reinvent the wheel. Anyone done this? Thanks, Matt.
I did this on a Reliant jointer. You have to build a box under the cutter head with a connection for your DC.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

Maybe some kind of ramp in the enclosure leading to the DC port? Tom >Subject: Help w/open stand jointer and DC

Someday, it'll all be over....

Build a tapered chute, so that the shavings slide right up to the opening of the hose. Lots of fall, at least a 45 deg. angle. Some sheet metal will help the shavings slide better. Also, put a little trap door right above the hose connection. It will be needed to "help" the shavings on their way, especially when you make a few cuts without turning the DC on.
--
Jim in NC

If you own or have access to a sheet metal brake you can get pretty crafty with different ways to make a chute. I even fashioned in a quick connector so I can use the same hose for other machines if I have to. (Spindle sander, homemade downdraft table for sanding etc. Machines I dont use everyday but still need dust collection)
Jim

of
way,
I don't use a connector because my jointer doesn't make dust, but shavings. I let them slide down the custom-fitted JEI-S05W (JET part number) into a box which contents I periodically take to my garage or the neighbors' for oil soaking.
I guess the part would make a good fit, and it's sized for the 8x8 standard DC fitting.

of
way,
Thanks for everyone's help.
Matt