help w/ inset cabinet doors -- too inset?

Made my first set of inset doors. Used Euro-style full-inset hinges from Home Depot ("Liberty" brand) rather than Blum.

The spring is very tight - so tight that the doors a pulled past their 90* closure, and bow in at the center. I've added a center stop at the top, which solved that problem -- at the top, but the bottom ones are still dished inward slightly by the spring tension. (Posted simple diagram on ABPW)

Before I add another stop at the bottom to hold them at a tight 90* - I'd thought I'd ask the wreck.

Am I missing something with inset doors? Is there away to adjust the tension on Euro Hinges so they don't tug the doors closed and past 90*? Might this just be an attribute of BORG brand hinges? Or is it normal operating procedure to place door stops at the top and bottom - or a rail in the center of the cabinet?

Reply to
patrick conroy

Inset doors need a stop, at least on the free edge.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

T'anks! Got one at the top and will add on to the bottom. Muchas Gracias Senor.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Try using unsprung Euro hinges and some magnetic touch latches this should solve your problem.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Melanson