Help rebuilding a pedal-powered grindwheel

I have an old pedal-powered sharpening stone something like the ones pictured in the links below.
http://agwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Grindstone.jpg
http://www.antiques.com/classified/1126303/Antique-Antique-Pedal-Powered-Grindstone-Sharpening-Tool http://www.bismanonline.com/for_sale_vintage_pedal_powered_grinding_wheel
The metal parts are so rusted the frame no longer stands up by itself. I am going to rebuild it if I can just get the stone rounded again. The center square hub hole is in good condition, but the outer rim is not concentric with the hub. One side is about 1 inch greater radius than the other and the wheel is way out of balance.
How do I get the stone back into usable roundness and balance without breaking it?
Shorti
You use a dressing wheel with the star carbide spokes. It will take the wheel down while you pedal. you'll need help... (pedal power). Those manual powered ones are great. Lots of speed control . The only problem is steadying the piece while you pump away.
On 11/25/2011 2:40 PM, shorti wrote:

http://www.antiques.com/classified/1126303/Antique-Antique-Pedal-Powered-Grindstone-Sharpening-Tool
Carbide dressing wheel, yes, I can see them now that I know what to look for. Thanks! Shorti