Help please. I need ideas for wood flooring laminate crafts

Hello,
I work in a special needs school where we rely heavily on material donations for the kids to make projects. Does anyone have any ideas for a small, easy craft project using wood laminate flooring. We have generous donation but I am stumped for ideas. Simple and easy is what we are looking for. Thanks.
Assuming they can use saws:
1) Trivets.
2) Various boxes for items such as pencils, Kleenex, potpourri, cd's, etc.
3) Small travel cutting boards.
4) Mobiles.
5) Jigsaw puzzles.
6) Toys such as pull toys (cutout in animal shape, glue into small blocks with wheels attached).
7) Birdhouses.