Help on some Plans for a Nutcracker

I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers standing on a 24in Sq Box, for Christmas, Does anyone have any Ideas or Drawings on how to go about making them? I have some Ideas but thought maybe some of you Gurus might have some better ones, I fig'd using PVC Pipe? or SonaTubes? Any Ideaws would be greatly appreciated...
Many Thanks Ahead..
Phil

Make sure that the jaws and the lever arm of these coconut crackers are strong enough and provide a way to catch the milk...
Start with a pine log, get a chainsaw, remove all of the wood that does not look like a nutcracker.
http://www.chainsawcarving.net/human_figure_carvings.htm
Dave

Wed, Nov 10, 2004, 4:11pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Phil) claims: I need to build 6- 7Foot Tall Nutcrackers <snip>
No prob. You get a picture you like, then find a BIG Xerox machine, and make copies. Paste the copies on plywood, cut 'em out, and paint. No prob.
Or, you could enlarge sections of the picture, a step at a time, so when you put them together on the plywood, they'd come out the height you wanted. You'd wind up with quite a few separate pieces that way, but it works. I've done it for figures 4 feet tall - wound up with 5 separate pages, maybe 6. Just make sure each enlargement is the same scale. Any small mismatches can be taken care of during the painting. No prob.
If you want a working version, someone here made one a year or so back. Pretty neat. But, when I looked in the archives a few weeks ago, I wasn't able to track down the link. Didn't keep with it too long, so may have missed it. Anyone have the link?
JOAT Viet Nam, divorce, cancer. Been there, done that. Now, where the Hell are my T-shirts?

Google. I've no idea where, but I've seen these before (maybe this ng) including a full photo-story webbage of their construction.