help on arch/radius formula

since it's been 22 years, my high school geometry fails me. how do you figure the radius of an arch (eyebrow) segment from the rise and distance between two points?
r=(L^2 + 4*H^2)/(8*H)
where L is the distance between the two points, H is the maximum rise between the points, and the ^2 indicates squaring.
Jay

You Google back a week or two.
-- Smert' spamionam