Help needed: Finding some parts for an old Tomlee 10" Model 45 bandsaw TIA!

I bought the Tomlee 10" Model 45 today, and it needs a sawblade and a new rubber "thingie" that goes around the wheel that the sawblade rides on. Sorry, I'm new, and do not know the correct terms yet.

Any info on where to get the sawblade and parts for this saw would be appreciate. It's been raining here today, and I may not have found other problems. It would be neat to get it working again.

Thanks for the help! David

Reply to
David

anthony diodati

I'm always interested in why people join certain words into a sentence and put a period at the end.

I'm sure you are aware that Tomlee is out of business. I'm not sure where you would find tires for your wheels but bands can be gotten at just about anywhere that makes bands. I would suggest Suffolk. Do a Google search for Suffolk Timberwolf. It takes 64" bands.

If you are interested in finding more about Tomlee you might want to visit the Old WoodWorking Machines site.

This saw was also sold by Toro.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to
David

Thank you, and I had found that site and downloaded their pdf file on Tomlee from 1952. It's also nice to know that that "thingie" is a tire. lol About my stringing a sentence together, point taken. I'm glad the paragraph had enough context so the meaning would be clear. As I'm getting older, I'm starting to say completely wrong words, such as calling a butter knife, a fork. Ummm. I'm not sure there is any help for that.

Thanks aga>David wrote:

Reply to
David

Reply to