help needed finding article on lumber rack using 1" conduit

it's driving me crazy
Somewhere in FWW, FHB, or AW there is an article ~ short one ~ on using 1" conduit cut to length and inserted into an angled hole in 2x4 to make an adjustable lumber storage rack or adjustable shelving.
I've flipped through all my issues and I know it's hiding from me.
nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

What do you need to know other than what you have written?
-- dadiOH ____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

Ken Johnsen wrote:
Can't remember where I saw it on the web, but I built a rack out of 3 vertical 2x4s attached to the floor & ceiling joists. 3' apart (like wall studs). Drilled 1" holes, 16" apart, in the edges at 5 degree angle (pointing up - prevents stock from slipping off) and slipped 12" lengths of 1" pipe into the holes Ken Joe Gorman wrote Was this plumbing pipe or EMT? I seem to recall one using EMT but
can't find it again. I need a rack but only want to make it once.
I used iron pipe, per the instructions. Just checked and it's 7/8" od 5/8" id
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:26:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,

That he should use forexfores and, say, a 4 degree up-angle?
- Metaphors Be With You - http://diversify.com Web Application Programming
nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote in

I'm with the others - I think you pretty much nailed it. I did mine by: - sistering 2x4's onto the existing wall 2x4's. Didn't want to be drilling large holes in structural framing - made a jig to bore 7/8" hole (using a spade bit) into the 2x4's at a 2 degree upward angle. 2 degree was what "looked about right" to me. - nailed/screwed them up - trying very hard to keep them level across all 2x4's - inserted 12" long 3/4" galvanized pipe into the holes - voila' - lumber rack