Help me choose a small band saw

Page 2 of 2
Tue, Dec 7, 2004, 11:30am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@netmagi.com (NetMagi) says: I'm shopping for a band saw to replace an old little 3-wheel craftsman I bought used. I was TOTALLY dissatisfied with the craftsman. It lasted about 10 minutes before the synchronous belt broke and a replacement is near impossible to find. In it's defense, it was -old- and looking at the belt, I think it was partly torn when I bought it. <snip>
I bought one of those used too. On mine the plastic drive wheel was worn down. Got another from Sears, no prob. I got rid of mine when I upgraded, and regretted it since. It was actually quite handy. If nothing else, I wish I'd kept it, and put a metal cutting blade on it.
I'm not actively looking for one, but would be more than happy to get my hands on another if I can.
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss
The 14" Rockwell I fell heir to had a miter gauge but when I tried to use it the lead angle for the blade in use wasn't compatible. Hangs on a screw gathering sawdust.