Help Making Miter Sled

I want to make a miter sled similar to Incra's where you slip a miter gauge into a miter track on the sled.
To do this, I need to attach a runner to a sheet of plywood. No problem since it doesn't have to be exactly parallel to the ply. But on the top of the sled where I plan to put a T-Miter slot it has to be parallel to the runner in order for the miter gauge to be parallel (to the blade) when it's installed. How do I ensure that the T-Miter track and runner area parallel to each other? Incra does this with an aluminum channel that has both the runner and miter slot machined in it.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Make the miter-track fixed at one end and adjustable at the other, then fine-tune it when its all put together?
Chris
The T-Miter track goes into a dado (top of ply). The runner doesn't (bottom of ply). Both have to be parallel.

Put the runner on the bottom of a sheet of plywood. Make sure the plywood extends past the blade of a table saw.and trim off the excess. Now you're left with the edge of the plywood parallel to the runner and you can mark for your miter slot based on this edge.
efgh wrote:

And if you want it wider, make sure youre table saw fence is parallel to the miter slot and use the fence as your reference.
--

FF

Ahhh..that makes sense...I just couldn't think for some reason.
Mount runner for miter slot, cut to length, flip and use cut edge on fence to make dado for t-miter track.
Thanks for the help!!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.geotekds.com/sled/index.htm
Thanks for posting the link below. Great easy to understand instructions for building a sled. jmk