Help in Orange Co. CA

Greetings:

I'm down here trying to patch up the remains of a tenant in Mission Viejo. I didn't expect to have to refininsh the kitchen cabinets. Could one of you Orange County guys recommend where I could get some necessities in the area. My cross streets are Los Alisos and Trabuco. I tried HD and they gave me some really odd looks when I asked if they had cabinet scrapers. I don't think HD is going to be an asset on this project! Thanks.

Charles

Reply to
Charles A. Peavey

HD is incredibly lame when it comes to anything other than very basic tools. If you have a Woodcraft orWoodworkers Wharehouse (move fast) in the area they'll have them. If you can't find them locally, make them out of junk sawblades. That way you can make them the size that you want. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Reply to
Charles A. Peavey

Ganahl Lumber in Costa Mesa is a good hardware store. They're on Bristol, between the 55 freeway and Redhill. They have lots of stuff you don't usually find at HD or Lowes, including scrapers. Ganahl is much more of a "real hardware store", as opposed to Home Depot.

I forgot the name, but the have good quality English scrapers and run about $15 for a set of three w/ rectangular, rectangular w/two curved sides and gooseneck. I think you can buy them one at a time for about $6 or so, as well.

While you're there check out the wood selection. Much better than HD or Lowes with a wider selection of plywood and the nice stuff. They have walnut, teak, etc...

Reply to
Jeff P

There's another Ganahl's in Lake Forrest on Orange off of Trabuco or Jeronimo

Reply to
yobosaeyo