Help Identify these tools... I have no idea what they are for!

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or what they are called? Thanks!!

so much

Reply to
Lee

The second one looks like a circle marking/cutting bit used with a brace. Haven't a clue for the first one.

Reply to
pat_edfischer

The second one should be placed on a long pole and, in conjuntion with many of your fellow farmers, used to chase any Frankensteins, ogres, etc., from the countryside.

S.

Reply to
samson

The second is a circle cutter for brace and bit as somebody has said. The first I don't recognize immediately, but it would help immeasurably if the picture showed the working end of the tool instead of the handle.

--

Reply to
dpb

"Lee" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or | what they are called? Thanks!! |

woodstuff

thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the other one?

Reply to
Lee

| thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the | other one?

sorry, no cloo

woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

No, that's not what it is. The square tapered end is the common termination for a hand held brace. It looks very similar on the working end, but the one you linked to is usually used to cut leather and cork and such for gaskets.

RicodJour

Its a repleace able end hand shaper. The one thumbscrew in the block held the scraper bit, and the other onthe angle provided prerssure onthe bit to make it ridgid inplace onthe tool. It was commonly used in manufacture of wooden double sash windows in conjunction with planes like the Stanley 88 etc. It also was capable of holding the same blades as the the Stanley 88 plane used, which allowed the shape shaper / scraper bit to get in to corners etc.

You already know about the other device used in a brace.

Reply to
eekamouse

Probably for thin sheet metal, such as cutting in flashing around a pipe.

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

The one on the right is a washer cutter, but it's mis-assembled. The two cutters should be on the same side (otherwise they get in each others' way). It's used to cut two circles out simultaneously, to make a ring shaped washer.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The circle cutter has been noted by many. I think the other one is one of many versions of saw sets for bending the set into saw blades.

Reply to
DanG

Guess again, evidently you never seen a saw set tool before...............

Reply to
eekamouse

You mean he never saw a seen set tool, and which of the roughly two hundred flavors of saw seen sets have you seen setting a saw? Oh, sorry.............. Left out the.............

RicodJour