Help Identify these tools... I have no idea what they are for!

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or what they are called? Thanks!!
http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html
Thanks so much

The second one looks like a circle marking/cutting bit used with a brace. Haven't a clue for the first one.
pat snipped-for-privacy@msn.com says...

The second one should be placed on a long pole and, in conjuntion with many of your fellow farmers, used to chase any Frankensteins, ogres, etc., from the countryside.
S.
On Oct 9, 11:50 am, pat snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Probably for thin sheet metal, such as cutting in flashing around a pipe.
Lee wrote:

The second is a circle cutter for brace and bit as somebody has said. The first I don't recognize immediately, but it would help immeasurably if the picture showed the working end of the tool instead of the handle.
| Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or | what they are called? Thanks!! | http://cgi.ebay.com/LATH-CENTER-PIN-WITH-ADJUSTABLE-SCRIBE-MARKER_W0QQitemZ1 50142777796QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57121QQcmdZViewItem
woodstuff

thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the other one?
| thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the | other one?
sorry, no cloo
woodstuff

No, that's not what it is. The square tapered end is the common termination for a hand held brace. It looks very similar on the working end, but the one you linked to is usually used to cut leather and cork and such for gaskets.

Its a repleace able end hand shaper. The one thumbscrew in the block held the scraper bit, and the other onthe angle provided prerssure onthe bit to make it ridgid inplace onthe tool. It was commonly used in manufacture of wooden double sash windows in conjunction with planes like the Stanley 88 etc. It also was capable of holding the same blades as the the Stanley 88 plane used, which allowed the shape shaper / scraper bit to get in to corners etc.
You already know about the other device used in a brace.

The one on the right is a washer cutter, but it's mis-assembled. The two cutters should be on the same side (otherwise they get in each others' way). It's used to cut two circles out simultaneously, to make a ring shaped washer.
The circle cutter has been noted by many. I think the other one is one of many versions of saw sets for bending the set into saw blades.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Guess again, evidently you never seen a saw set tool before...............

You mean he never saw a seen set tool, and which of the roughly two hundred flavors of saw seen sets have you seen setting a saw? Oh, sorry.............. Left out the.............