Help ID: Stanley C559 MP Plane?

I picked up a Stanley plane today that has me intrigued. Same size/shape as a #5, but heavier. It's labeled between the tote and frog, "C559 MP" (same on frog), "made in USA" in back of the front knob, and has a stanley lever cap w/ kidney shaped hole, the stanley blade is marked "H1205 (12-205)". The tote and knob are plastic, but of a heavier material than the cheap ones I see on new Stanleys.
The casting is thick and heavy, reminding me of a bedrock: one rib behind the tote, two in front forming a triangle pointing to the frog. The frog is also heavier.
I couldv'e sworn I read about Stanleys like this, but I can't remember where I read it.
Any help?
Thanks, H
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:22:11 -0700, Hylourgos wrote:

Best starting place is Patricl Leaches Stanley Blood and Gore web page. http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0.htm Standard disclaimer, I've done business with Pat, who is an all around good guy who sells good tools and I recieve no benefit from plugging him except that he might still be in business when I finally have the money for the #7 jointer.
Best bet is to check the width, IIRC there are three Stanley plane series 5, 5 1/4 and 5 1/2 the 5 will measure 2" wide, the 5 1/4 is 1 3/4" and the 5 1/2 is at least 2 1/4 inch. Details are on the Blood and Gore web page. As far as the plastic knob and tote are concerned they may be replacements for the original, and unless authenticity is a major concern can be replaced fairly easily with wooden parts from Highland or Lee Valley. Don't forget the bedrocks have a level clipped side profile if it bellies down you might have a steel bodied plane.
Tony