Help ID a logo

Greetings, I inherited some carving tools whose manufacturer I can't identify. They're probably just 1980-vintage Buck, but I can't find a match for the logo.
Asciified, it looks something like this:
O O/ /V V ^ ^ | | | The tools have octagonal pale wood handles. They look like maple. The logo and part number are stamped in red. The blades are stamped with the logo and "Germany."
Anybody recognize the brand? I've been googling manufacturers, but haven't found a match yet.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Australopithecus scobis wrote:

Looks like this: http://www.jahenckels.com /
--
Froz...

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:12:32 -0500, FrozenNorth

Sure does... After seeing the logo, anyway... I would NOT have visualized 2 stick figures out of the ASCII..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
"FrozenNorth" wrote

After seeing the logo it looked vaguely familiar, went to the web page, looked in the kitchen, and sure enough ... a pair of kitchen shears that even I haven't been able to ruin after six or seven years.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I've got some Henckels kitchen shears too that came with the knife set I bought 15 years ago. Never realized how useful those shears were until I actually had them. From removing bottle caps, opening jar lids, cutting frozen meat and opening every manner or hard plastic wrapped product, they still work as well as the first day I tried them. Very few things these days that you can say that about.
"Upscale" wrote:

The only kitchen knives I have found I need are a 10", forged steel, Henckels chef knife and a serrated Henckels bread knife.
Definitely need a steel to maintain the edge.
Lew

IKEA sells a ceramic 'steel'. Cheap enough, and works very well. IMHO, better than even a high quality steel steel. I have built up a collection of Wsthof knives over the years. Nonpareil knives. I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Fine equipment.

Looking for your cat?
Check my tires.
Lew
IKEA sells a ceramic 'steel'. Cheap enough, and works very well. IMHO, better than even a high quality steel steel. I have built up a collection of Wsthof knives over the years. Nonpareil knives. I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.
But.... then it's useless as a pushstick....
jc

Thanks. I always wanted to try Dr. Pepper in my nose.

I was reading some stats recently on basic Emergency room problems. (Angela drags that stuff home sometimes.) The biggies, in terms of frequency, are cuts from people trying to a) separate frozen burger patties. Those injuries can be very serious sometimes. b) people hurting themselves trying to open those plastic anti-theft blister packs. c) children smacking their heads on coffee table edges.
Those were some of them, not in order.
One big nasty item is people cutting water melons.
I have added:
people smacking their heads against walls whilst trying to open CD's. People getting hurt because they laugh at Highway Patrol's new hats. People getting hurt because they play Celine Dion on their stereos with one mile of my house.
I'm sure the creative bunch that hangs here can add some funny ones.
mac davis wrote:

You have to use a fixed space font to see those ascii things, proportional fonts make a royal mess of them. I have always been pretty good with my visualization skills, so that may help. ;-)
Probably doesn't matter as the OP hasn't bothered responding.
--
Froz...