Help. I need a plexiglass idea...

I'm in the process of fabricating (wooden) display boxes for loose cigars t o be used in a cigar shop humidor. The boxes are nearing completing but I' m struggling with coming up with a way to have a about a 2 1/2" x 28" strip of Plexiglas running across the front whereby some type of card can be ins erted from the top to identify the different cigars. Each box has six bins and there's several boxes. I'm trying to avoid routing out six "windows" in a piece of stock, i.e., one long strip would be preferable. Is there any one out there that can throw some ideas at me relative to design and attach ment? Thanks.
On 08/31/2015 3:51 PM, Jim wrote:

Is that an inviolate design decision? I'd probably just use card frames similar to
<https://www.etsy.com/listing/104530635/set-of-5-antique-brass-finish-label No work at all other than a guide template to keep then aligned while mounting.

Mount that piece of plexi at the bottom with a shim. (either a very thin shim or a very slight planing of about 2?" of the box front)
Strive to have a "free space" behind the upper portion of the plexi that is about 2? tall and then make your labels the same height. If you MUST have 2?" high labels, then make the plexi 2 3/4" by 28".
Prepare your labels on card stock and fold it in half (I'd go with vertical fold) so that it will "bind" a bit behind the plexi. Should stay put and be easily removed when swapping out stock or pricing with a toothpick or pair of tweezers