HElp - Hitachi F1000a

I ahve the opportunity to purcahse a hitachi F100a Jointer / planer and was looking for opinions on this machine. Is it worth buying, or is it a piece of junk??? It has been in to Hitachi for a check up within the last year and comes with a new set of knives for both the planer and jointer.

What should I be offering for this guy used?

HELP....

Reply to
Mike Robinson
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

If it's been checked out by Hitachi recently & is in good shape probably $500-$600US, the last fully reconditioned one we sold for $675 Canadian. We were asking $700 or best offer & we had five offers in one week, we gave a

90 day warranty & a 'three week return if not satisfied guarantee' That was just after New year....so the guy was satisfied.

Hope that gives you an idea.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN