Help Desperately Needed - Slightly OT

Page 2 of 2
On 8 Apr 2004 14:30:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mutt) wrote:

If it's loose material, why not encapulate it in concrete or grout and then simply toss it in the trash? This is what you can do if, for example you have asbestos containing flooring material. The asbestos is encapulated in the vinyl so it isn't possible to become airborne, ergo, into the trash it can go. This might cost less and actually lock it away from causing harm. If, in fact, the OP does actually have an asbestos problem.
Thanks again for all the good comments, advice.
We received a phone call from the lab this afternoon and the test was negative. It was determined that it was mineral wool. We are thankful for that and will continue with the remodelling/cabinet job.
Best wishes to all,
Lazarus Long wrote:

Glen Duff responds:

Good news, indeed. Still, you need to make sure you're wearing your dust masks when working with that stuff, especially if it's been around long enough to accumulate dried mouse droppings, hairs, urine. Nasty critters and their leavings are best left out of yourlungs, as is the dust from the rock wool.
Charlie Self "Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped teething." Mark Twain
Good to hear. Good luck on your project.
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:16:51 -0400, Glen Duff

Glen Duff wrote:

IIRC I started by calling my city health department, and they directed me to a lab that Id' my attic insulation. Building inspector may be able to help also.