On 8 Apr 2004 14:30:22 -0700, firstname.lastname@example.org (Mutt) wrote:
If it's loose material, why not encapulate it in concrete or grout and
then simply toss it in the trash? This is what you can do if, for
example you have asbestos containing flooring material. The asbestos
is encapulated in the vinyl so it isn't possible to become airborne,
ergo, into the trash it can go. This might cost less and actually
lock it away from causing harm. If, in fact, the OP does actually
have an asbestos problem.
Thanks again for all the good comments, advice.
We received a phone call from the lab this afternoon and the test was
negative. It was determined that it was mineral wool. We are thankful
for that and will continue with the remodelling/cabinet job.
Best wishes to all,
Lazarus Long wrote:
Good news, indeed. Still, you need to make sure you're wearing your dust masks
when working with that stuff, especially if it's been around long enough to
accumulate dried mouse droppings, hairs, urine. Nasty critters and their
leavings are best left out of yourlungs, as is the dust from the rock wool.
"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped
teething." Mark Twain
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.