Help choosing wood finish for water slide

This is a water slide shown here:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Water-Slide-2.0 /
The wood part is made of 2x4s.
My objective is to paint it with some paint that would be:
1) Non-slippery for wet feet 2) Would last for 4 years 3) I would prefer a bright, opaque paint. (ie, not stain)
I would prefer something that is available at Home Depot.
✖

Epoxy paint with fine sand sprinkled on before drying for traction.

✖

It would also need a UV inhibitor, I would think.
✖

That is (IMO) a bad choice. Instead of giving a non-slippery surface, you end up with a surface that you slip on and then it removes skin (like sandpaper!) If you can find it, look for a product called "Skid-No-More". It should be available at boating stores or pool stores.
http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?noT245F
You should be able to find it locally. I painted a basement bathroom floor with it 15 years ago and it is still going strong. If the slide is outdoors, I'd expect about 5 years before needing to recoat. It can be tinted (with any latex tint) and even mixed with most latex paints. From that picture, it looks like a quart would do several coats.
Ed
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 29, 11:38 am, Ignoramus24381 <ignoramus24...@NOSPAM. 24381.invalid> wrote:> I would prefer something that is available at Home Depot.
I can't imagine what they would have at HD that would work. They aren't a specialty store.
I would try your local Sherwin Williams commercial/industrial coatings store. >>IF<< you get the right rep, they can find a product for just about everything.
It seems like you would be moving into the pool/tank coatings area. Those products would provide water proofing, UV protection (opaque) for your wood and an exterior rating that would take into effect constant exposure to water.
Robert
Add pictures here
✖
Veranda or one of the plastic woods. No splinters and keeps the color. Home Depot It has surface ridges for gripping the feet.
Martin
Ignoramus24381 wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

I bought a roll of glue down grip and go paper designed for such things as this. I use it on the steps up my porch. Originally I was afraid to paint it, but gave in and put a coat of porch paint on it. Still has lots of grip, doesn't sand off my skin, and provides tremendous anti-slip.
As far as the paint goes, why not look into stains, I know they can brighten them up allot. My neighbor did his kids play fort with stains and his is bright yellow and red.
markndawoods
Add pictures here
✖