Help: Bandsaw For Cutting Wood and Delrin

I need to cut wood and Delrin rods(up to 4" in diameter or square) into plates that are 2/16" to 1/4" thick.

Can I get advice on the best way to accomplish this?

Specific tool recommendations would be appreciated.

(I'm trying to go as small as possible due to room constraints).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

| I need to cut wood and Delrin rods(up to 4" in diameter or square) | into plates that are 2/16" to 1/4" thick. | | Can I get advice on the best way to accomplish this? | | Specific tool recommendations would be appreciated. | | (I'm trying to go as small as possible due to room constraints). | | Thanks a lot. | | Darren Harris | Staten Island, New York.

I use a small horizontal bandsaw from Harbor Freight. I built a replacement for the movable vise jaw that speeds up repetitive cutting (photo posted to news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking).

Since taking the photo, I've added a knob-adjustable threaded stop that makes accurate setups faster as well. If you're interested, I'll take another photo of that...

Morris Dovey

Thanks.

Can you tell me the size or model number of the bandsaw you got?

Like I said, I'm trying to go as small as possible.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

| Can you tell me the size or model number of the bandsaw you got? | | Like I said, I'm trying to go as small as possible.

It's their smallest and least expensive; but has worked reliably for cutting aluminum, brass, mild steel, delrin, and wood.

I'll check for the model number when I get to the shop tomorrow morning and post it when I get back.

Morris Dovey