hello all!

there. If Al Gore's Internet says so, it must be true.

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

How do you keep it lit?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Jon Endres, PE wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Well, we all know how much Al Gore had to do with the Internet...

The key to being a (WoodDorking) God is to remain distant - ever present but ever elusive to those who seek his/her/their bold and all knowing wisdom. Observing all, but revealing nothing outright - only the traces of subtle clues that allow those who believe to make that leap of faith. Believe! The Truth shall ovecome!

;-)

Reply to
Greg G.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Alright guys, take it easy on Dan, he's a Newfie, look at the addy. Dan how did you send the message if you don't know where you are. NGs are in the Usenet, long before there was a Web, or even a grownup Gore. It's hiding in that box on your desk. I just got done smoking some salmon too, SWMBO wants to make some salmon spread for the holidays. Welcome to the group, read the FAQ if you haven't already. To save flame wars, you might want to Do A Google Search (DAGS) on a subject before you ask about it, there is nothing new under the sun and we tend to talk about it all in 3 month cycles. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Check rec.skiing.alpine for the Cabal. It's alive and (un)well.

JP

******************* Enjoying the relatively kook-free wreck.
Reply to
Jay Pique

Welcome Dan!

You will want to check out alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking or ABPW as we call it... That's the companion group for picture posting. Jigs, projects, etc. There is also a alt.binaries.pictures.furniture, but not too many people use that one.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The stuff about dues and all is just a bunch of crap as you know. Really we all just meet at my house every Friday, just bring some beer (enough for both of us, it is my house after all) and munchies (enough for 6,348 people, oops forgot you, make that 6,349 people).

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

As to the fee....

well, send 15 bottles of screech, 12 pounds of salted cod,

50 pounds of smoked Atlantic salmon and 500 Lassy Moggs over to me.

And then you will be "in." Kinda. ;-)

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust

You didn't notice? We are spinning along at about 9000rpm. Don't stand up when the drive head comes by.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Dan, Just a word of advice: Never, never, post any OT stuff, especially Humor stuff.

That said, welcome to rec.wooddorking. mahalo, jo4hn (who doesn't live in Hawaii)

FOR THOSE WHO ENJOY LANGUAGE (OR SEVERE DISTORTIONS THEREOF)

-- Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.

-- A backward poet writes inverse.

-- A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.

-- Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.

-- Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

-- Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.

-- A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.

-- A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

-- Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.

-- Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

-- Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.

-- Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

-- When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

-- A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.

-- What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway.)

-- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

-- In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

-- She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.

-- A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

-- If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

-- With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

-- When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.

-- The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.

-- You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

-- Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

-- He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key.

-- Every calendar's days are numbered.

-- A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine.

-- A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.

-- He had a photographic memory that was never developed.

-- A plateau is a high form of flattery.

-- A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.

-- Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

-- Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.

-- Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.

-- Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

-- Acupuncture is a jab well done.

Reply to
jo4hn

I used to know a fella named Dan Parrell when I was a kid in St. Johns, NFLD Canada. Don't suppose there is a relation in there somewhere? Sure would like to know.....

Reply to
Brickie

[ Ahhh! Looks like another smart-aleck joins the ranks. ] Dan, you'll fit right in! In fact, c'mon up here to the front row...

Please be sure to ask questions like: a) Which table saw should I buy? b) Is Harbor Freight any good? c) Should I buy a router table? d) What's BORG and who's SWMBO? e) Grizzly, is that a real bear next to Dan Haggerty? f) Why do you folks pick on Norm, so much? g) What's wrong with my penchance to purchase Craftsman power tools? h) Is quartersawn SYP worth the $11/BF I've been quoted?

and finally, please inquire about i) Free plans -- Where can I find them?

Reply to
mttt

You forgot about all the 'lectrikal stuff, static caused dust collector explosions, the mayhem and blood and gore from PVC air lines, what did I say to cause everyone to say "I suck", why did you post a picture of a cat whand call it a pushstick, why are you guys so tough on BAD, .......

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Hi Dan, welcome to the group. Just wondered where ur from in eastern Canada? Ken makin dust in NS (near Hfx)

Reply to
ken

You're implying that if you had a female plumpish brunette sacrifice your sweeping would get done for you?

Don't know much about wimminz I guess. They haven't touched a broom since the '70s. :)

Reply to
Silvan

My ex uses one for transportation... j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Which reminds me of a Grizzly story, totally unrelated...

When hiking in the north country it pays to be aware of bears. Knowing that bears are usually reclusive, hikers will often wear things like bells and bright-colored clothing to warn of their approach.

One should be aware that there are two main types of bears to be concerned with; the Brown bear and the Grizzly. Professionals such as Forest Rangers know that a hiker can usually tell what kind of bear is inhabiting the area they're hiking by examining any observed scat.

Although both bears are omnivorous, Rangers familiar with both species know that the Brown bear is more vegetarian in their eating habits and their scat will be heavily laced with undigested vegetable matter. The Grizzly's, on the other hand, will be more likely to include large amounts of little bells and orange cloth.

Happy Hiking! Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

YA YA YA,..... they all shit in the woods.OK I've come to the conclusion that you are all a bunch of bastards and i love you all,... sniff * wipes a tear,.......finally feels like home.

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" >

Reply to
Dan Parrell