Hegner Purchase advice

I am thinking about buying a 14" Hegner variable speed scroll saw, and would appreciate any comments from folks who have one.
Thank you,
Walter H. Klaus
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:41:08 -0600, "Walter H. Klaus"

Excellent build quality and good reliability for long periods of continuous use. Nice blade clamps and a decent dust blower. Cut quality is excellent, as the frame is good and stable.
On the downside, the red paint flakes off and the feet won't stop it vibrating around on a workbench. The table isn't as big as Delta's, for a similar size of frame.
Walt, The Hegner scroll saw is a wonderful tool. It performs flawlessly, is very well constructed and the cuts it produces are outstanding. The only negative is the price. It's kind of like the Tormek sharpener, shouldn't cost that much but nothing works better. Get the floor stand and a good light so you can see what you are doing. Blade changes are easy once you get used to it. I waited for years to purchase the Hegner, looked at it every year at the local woodworking show. When I finally bought it I wondered why I waited so long.
Bob

I agree, it is great!