Heatguns - wattage and weird uses!

Page 2 of 2

I have to laugh when I read this. I hadn't used my heat gun for anything but small paint removal on tough areas for some time.
Then my coffee roaster broke. Tragedy. A day without home roasted coffee sucks.
Used to hang out at alt.coffee and there was a dangerous breakaway faction there that decided that $300-$600 for the accepted roasters was just too much. So the HGDB (Heat Gun Dog Bowl) clan was born, much to the disgust of the hard cases on that group.
So in panic with no way to roast, I pulled out my notes, took a stainless pan outside and roasted coffee with my heat gun. Those renegade were right! It is easy, makes a great roast with very little practice, and it is CHEAP.
One of my amigos that is interested in roasting bought the HF gun and he came over and we roasted a couple of pounds - he's hooked!
This just proves there is no such thing as too many tools, even if you don't use them.
Robert
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:57:26 +1000, with neither quill nor qualm,

That'll cost extra. ;)
---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it. http://diversify.com Website Application Programming