Heard some interesting news - was wondering if its true

A guy at the shop said there is a quickly growing shortage of real mahogany due to a world wide ban on it - is this true
I doubt it. I buy it by the bundle (500-700bf) from a place near the Gulf coast that owns their own managed forests in South America. I was just there at the yard last month and they had tens of thousands of board feet of genuine mahogany. And the price was cheaper than last November ($2.50BF then, $1.95BF last month).
Bob

mahogany

mahogany
http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2003/Nov/26-623746.html
What do you mean by "real"?
that's why I've been buying fake mahogany recently. looks almost like the "real" thing.
dave