Heads Up for Home Depot Gift Cards

I got a circular from Home Depot today in Houston. They are offering very generous gift cards that amount to up to 40% for hand tools that you purchase. Buy any hand tool that is not from the flooring, or paint department or a power tool and get a gift card in the mail. Sales tax is included in the qualifying purchase.
Buy $25-$49 in hand tools and get a $10 Gift Card in the mail.
Buy $50-$99 in hand tools and get a $20 Gift Card in the mail.
Buy $100-$149 in hand tools and get a $40 Gift Card in the mail.
Buy $150-$199 in hand tools and get a $60 Gift Card in the mail.
Buy $200 and over in hand tools and get an $80 Gift Card in the mail.
See store for full details.
Offer good 11/04/2004 - 11/17/2004.

Ummm... "not from the flooring or paint department or a power tool". No power tools?
Just how much could you spend on Marples and Buck Brothers, to add up to a significant savings?
Kevin

I have a well stocked inventory of tools and I could spend thousands.
Leon wrote:

They included clamps last year - same this year? There are never enough clamps
JK

I think it was meant to be: Buy any hand tool that is not from the flooring or paint department, or a power tool and get a gift card in the mail.
The exact wording of the offer is "Offer includes all hardware, lawn & garden, plumbing and electrical department hand tools. Offer does not include corded electric or cordless battery operated power tools, air driven pneumatic guns and tools and powder actuated tools. Offer does not include hand tools from drywall, paint and flooring departments". Look at www.homedepot.com under promotion overview (main menu)..
Bob
Great time to stock up on some clamps!
Lou

HD is also giving $45 gift cards for every $150 worth of insulation you buy. I am building a house and have already racked up $180 in gift cards. Let's see, what tool do I need?

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.
A brand new website launched a few weeks ago that allows you to trade gift cards, auction, and buy online.
http://www.cardavenue.com