Heads up Bill

Incra 1000HD at Rockler,$120.

Leon

Thank you, Leon. It arrived in the mail yesterday--with free shipping, only 75 hours after I ordered it. My wife has already got it wrapped and under the tree..lol! Still, I appreciate the heads-up! Rockler notified me of the Incra guide via email. I'll have to take a closer look at the ad you sent and see if there are saw blades on sale(not that I have any money left this monthafter buying my wife a Unisaw so that I can make her birdhouses).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

One other note, I have the same Incra miter gauge. I ended up buying the next size longer telescoping fence to increase it's usefulness.

Also I added a sacrificial fence, MDF, to the front of the fence to help prevent tear out on the back side of the cuts.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, I remembered you had that miter gage. You helped me make up my mind a while back that the 1000HD had the right balance of precision and simplicity. I'll keep your "upgrades" in mind--especially the easy one--the sacrificial fence.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Beware! The first time I set mine to an extreme angle, I sawed right through the inside corner. Carbide cuts through aluminum real good!

:-(

Reply to
krw

That there is known as a right of passage. :-)

Reply to
Leon

I have an idea that there are many of us with the same or similar miters that have done that. Sigh. gloom, j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Yeah, LOL. If you have not yet cut into your aluminum fence you are just a rookie. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

It's called a "zero clearance" angle fence. Most of us have one, some of us for more than one angle.

Reply to
Swingman

I have several standard miter gauges and they have been just fine for my needs. Most of my angle cuts are made with the Sawbuck or RAS. The Incra is a good price, I ordered one and it should arrive today.

I suppose cutting through it isn't so bad, for certain cuts. With the comments/info, I won't get upset, when I do.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I do, now, too! ;-)