Heads up Bill

Incra 1000HD at Rockler,$120.
http://flyer.rockler.com/december/app.php?RelId=6.0.5.2&roi ìho3-18077438265-16397649-7523a95aa3645107e610957aea0e8ba6
Add pictures here
✖
Leon wrote:

Thank you, Leon. It arrived in the mail yesterday--with free shipping, only 75 hours after I ordered it. My wife has already got it wrapped and under the tree..lol! Still, I appreciate the heads-up! Rockler notified me of the Incra guide via email. I'll have to take a closer look at the ad you sent and see if there are saw blades on sale(not that I have any money left this monthafter buying my wife a Unisaw so that I can make her birdhouses).
Bill
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/14/2013 11:58 AM, Bill wrote:

One other note, I have the same Incra miter gauge. I ended up buying the next size longer telescoping fence to increase it's usefulness.
Also I added a sacrificial fence, MDF, to the front of the fence to help prevent tear out on the back side of the cuts.
Add pictures here
✖
Leon wrote:

Yes, I remembered you had that miter gage. You helped me make up my mind a while back that the 1000HD had the right balance of precision and simplicity. I'll keep your "upgrades" in mind--especially the easy one--the sacrificial fence.
Thanks, Bill
Add pictures here
✖

Beware! The first time I set mine to an extreme angle, I sawed right through the inside corner. Carbide cuts through aluminum real good!
:-(
Add pictures here
✖

That there is known as a right of passage. :-)
Add pictures here
✖

that have done that. Sigh.     gloom,     j4
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/15/2013 8:59 AM, jo4hn wrote:

Yeah, LOL. If you have not yet cut into your aluminum fence you are just a rookie. ;~)
Add pictures here
✖

It's called a "zero clearance" angle fence. Most of us have one, some of us for more than one angle.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Monday, December 16, 2013 8:24:55 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

I have several standard miter gauges and they have been just fine for my needs. Most of my angle cuts are made with the Sawbuck or RAS. The Incra is a good price, I ordered one and it should arrive today.
I suppose cutting through it isn't so bad, for certain cuts. With the comments/info, I won't get upset, when I do.
Sonny
Add pictures here
✖

I do, now, too! ;-)