HD Sale - Bessey's Excluded?

Page 2 of 2
<Sigh> With all the ways people can miscommunicate I don't understand whythey have to hand out paper forms and force the customer to guess. I'm sure their point-of-sale system could easily identify a qualifying product and then spit out a rebate form for submittal. Just seems a lot more efficient.
Paul

But that's part of it. By making it inconvenient, there is a certain percentage of people who will not bother to mail in for the rebate, another percentage who will forget until it is too late, yet another fraction who will send in something incorrectly, and some who will send in for the wrong things. This seems to be taken into account and used to offset some amount of the sale price (IT vendors are notorious for obscure terms and conditions and slow response times in returning rebates).

Probably way too efficient. Lowes does this.. But, the more trouble the more likely that "some" customers will forget about the rebate and the store comes out ahead.

Funny, when I called the HD 800 number I was told the opposite! Any hand tool in the tool corral was ok! The only exclusions were listed on the rebate form. If they exclude them, they are getting them back! Greg

Per what was _published_ in the fine-print in the HD newspaper ad in Chicago ".... Offer includes all hardware department and electrical department hand tools. Offer does not include power tools. Offer does not include hand tools from lawn & garden, drywall, plumbing, and flooring departments. Offer good from now through October 29, 2003. See store for full details."

My local store manager told me they did, and wrote such on his business card.
We'll see when the card arrives.
Barry
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:55:13 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I'd also like to point out that the rebate form states "Offer includes all hardware dept. hand tools and electrical dept. Klein and Greenlee tools."
A clamp is a hardware dept. hand tool according to the manager.
I kept copies of everything and an extra rebate form. If necessary, the manager's card will be used as ammo to return the K's if the fulfillment center does not honor my rebate. <G>
Barry
The clamps were not excluded on the form, the manager and a clerk informed me that they were indeed included, I see both of these individuals every time I go in, I put the clamps on a credit card, AND I have a secret weapon who has set world records for returning items and getting full refunds months, sometimes years, later (SWMBO).
In short, I've won bigger wars than this one with less ammo ... I am not worried.
BTW, which TROLL started this one?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

That's what they told me also. Of course now that I've read the fine print I may have to return a couple of the clamps I purchased and trade them for ones that still have UPC codes on them. Grrr...
Abe
--
A numeral would be more efficient than spelling out "ONE" in an email
addy, don't you think?

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

Curses! Foiled again! Actually, I checked earlier and only need one replacement UPC. Might pick up a few more clamps, though, now that I know you can submit more than one of these coupons.
Abe

I already own a few Bessey's and a boatload of pipe clamps but I did want some more of those Irwin Quick-Grip clamps so I picked up a couple of every size. I find myself reaching for these clamps first more and more. For holding something together before screwing it these work great, also for testing/aligning big glue ups before throwing on the stronger clamps for final glue up. Just like bar and pipe clamps, ya can't have too many, and I'm thinking of getting some more before this sale ends.
I have no doubts that these clamps are considered hand tools and will qualify. Anytime you can get 40% off clamps, it's a good thing.
Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.
I also hit the HD today and spent $400.00 for K-Body clamps. Also opened up a credit card account for 10% off on first card purchase. Sooooooo it should have cost $200.00 with 10% off and $160.00 in gift cards. When I got home, I called the toll free no. on the form and was told that I need two reciepts. So back tomorrow for a return and repurchase. Hope this works.

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

... and the incantation begins... :-)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:36:38 GMT, Mark & Juanita

for $200.00 each for the one at $400.00. (numbers are rounded for clarity) Not any problems at all. BTW, the gift card order form must be received by 11/15/03 . They added 10 days to the date on the form.

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

Good deal. This is probably a lot more like Zelazny's "Amber Series", you just passed the first curve in the Pattern.