HD Sale - Bessey's Excluded?

Visited my HD tonight to round out my K-Body collection. I asked to make sure these would qualify for the sale, and got a "don't think so" response. I was pretty sure this was just local ignorance, but the cashier called the

800 number on the sales form, read off the SKU numbers from the clamps and was told that these were NOT on the authorized list. I passed on the purchase.

Anyone have written assurance or other insight that these do indeed qualify?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I know you're just being considerate to the HD guys, but why do you ask these questions? I find that 99% of the time if you just go to the checkout and act confident that the things are included in these promotions that they don't question you and go ahead and give you the discount. When you ask the questions, you're just about demanding to be told "sorry".

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Understood - but in this case it's not a "sale" at the checkout, just a rebate form you fill in and wait a month or two for the credit check. If the SKU's don't qualify, no money comes back!

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thought this was a mail-in rebate promotion. If so, you can be assured that the "fulfillment house" knows all of the rules and if you send in-eligible tags, you are out of luck. In many cases, if you have not performed the right incantations, drawn the correct glyphs on the envelope seal, or even smudged one of the required items, you have a good chance of having your request rejected by these "fulfillment houses". The OP was wise in asking before being disappointed by a highly personal form letter or even worse by absolutely no answer ever.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

ah, I see, that makes more sense.

It's interesting as you say, then, because several others as I'm sure you've seen have been buying k-bodies with the intent of rebating the purchases. Maybe HD is going to end up with as many ppl pissed at them as Woodcraft hehe.

(by the way, I got my 2nd set of 12 cabinet masters today at the discounted prices. clamps are good things)

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

There may be a BUNCH of returns to HD if those rebates are not honored..

Reply to
Leon

This past Sunday, HD in NE Mesa, AZ had a display board just inside the entrance with 10-15 sample items wired to it, promoting the handtool sale/gift card rebate deal. One of these items is a $37.95 BESSEY clamp. Not needing a Bessey clamp...(what am I saying, I can always use another clamp)...not currently in the market for a Bessey clamp (per SWMBO), I passed by without paying much attention. I am pretty sure that is was a K-body model. I'll be over that way tomorrow as it is next to a "Michael's" craft store and I am informed we ARE in the market for something they stock there. I'll kill some time at HD and check if that was a K-body.

Is it possible the HD has some items "authorized" for this promotion in some areas/zones/regions but not in other ones?

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

In some cases, even if you have. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

With all the ways people can miscommunicate I don't understand why they have to hand out paper forms and force the customer to guess. I'm sure their point-of-sale system could easily identify a qualifying product and then spit out a rebate form for submittal. Just seems a lot more efficient.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

But that's part of it. By making it inconvenient, there is a certain percentage of people who will not bother to mail in for the rebate, another percentage who will forget until it is too late, yet another fraction who will send in something incorrectly, and some who will send in for the wrong things. This seems to be taken into account and used to offset some amount of the sale price (IT vendors are notorious for obscure terms and conditions and slow response times in returning rebates).

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Probably way too efficient. Lowes does this.. But, the more trouble the more likely that "some" customers will forget about the rebate and the store comes out ahead.

Reply to
Leon

Funny, when I called the HD 800 number I was told the opposite! Any hand tool in the tool corral was ok! The only exclusions were listed on the rebate form. If they exclude them, they are getting them back! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

My local store manager told me they did, and wrote such on his business card.

We'll see when the card arrives.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I'd also like to point out that the rebate form states "Offer includes all hardware dept. hand tools and electrical dept. Klein and Greenlee tools."

A clamp is a hardware dept. hand tool according to the manager.

I kept copies of everything and an extra rebate form. If necessary, the manager's card will be used as ammo to return the K's if the fulfillment center does not honor my rebate.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

The clamps were not excluded on the form, the manager and a clerk informed me that they were indeed included, I see both of these individuals every time I go in, I put the clamps on a credit card, AND I have a secret weapon who has set world records for returning items and getting full refunds months, sometimes years, later (SWMBO).

In short, I've won bigger wars than this one with less ammo ... I am not worried.

BTW, which TROLL started this one?

Reply to
Swingman

Per what was _published_ in the fine-print in the HD newspaper ad in Chicago ".... Offer includes all hardware department and electrical department hand tools. Offer does not include power tools. Offer does not include hand tools from lawn & garden, drywall, plumbing, and flooring departments. Offer good from now through October 29, 2003. See store for full details."

Reply to
admin

Throw mud on your placas de registro. Tell your 'mano to drive around the lot real slow like, and when he sees you, pick you up mucho rapido, in front of the doors. You boost the clamps vato, then run for the door, and jump in your ride. Make for the 'hood. It helps if you have room in your garage for the car for a few days.Maybe put the Radial arm and lathe on the porch, you know?

Reply to
juan fandango

Mark & Juanita wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com:

Mail in rebates are scams, which really should be outlawed.

The "fulfillment houses" compete for business on the basis of how small a percentage of rebate submittals are paid. As I understand it, to be competitive in that field right now you have to be promising a number in the 10% range.

Don't ever decide to buy something based on the after-rebate price, unless it's an immediate "in store" rebate.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

My wife is a rebate freak! She has rebates sent in all the time. Rarely is there a time when she does not have at least one rebate on the waiting list! She collects 100% too. Make sure you cross you "T"'s, dot your "I"'s and all will be ok. Office Max refused a rebate once, and out of principle she hounded them 'till they paid up! The store assured us the rebate had been extended, the date on the form was passed. The store manager knows her on a first name basis! A got a lovely lady for a wife, just don't piss her off! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
klaatu