Haze on Semi-gloss Poly

Hi Guys, I'm working on a coffee table for a client, and I would normally go to a high gloss finish. I'm trying a semi-gloss (per customers requirements) and I'm getting a haze on the final coat. It's only been 24 hours, I'm thinking I wait a few days and buff it with 600 wet/dry and soapy water. Is this because of the driers in the finish? Any other suggestions? The client doesn't want a high gloss. Mark
http://www.furniturebymark.com/WhatsInWork.html
I apply poly to an outdoor pine pic table every o/ yr for fifteen. Alwasy been fine until last yr. I will not use hi-gloss on an outdoor in sun table top anymore. killer glare.
anyways last time, i got a haze. tried sanding, fine snading, tried polishing compound. It was the conditions. Humidity. It was very very humid. The finish looks litterally like milk paint white. Didn't go away. Did when you wet it down. Didn't want to waste $ so I left it. Its permanent. Prob have to sand down nearly, if not ALL the way. ALL. It has a yr on it, and it is fading, as the finish is also, fading. Gonna need to do it again soon. Going right down to bare wood, or close.
Do not apply this stuff when humid. Its ruined, In my case; you may have o/ going on.
I asked in alt.construction, or some o/ group like that, and they all reccomend proruct called froggy, or something. They didn't like regular poly at all. Only happened to me once. It was like 90RH.
-
bent wrote:

Only one guy on a.b.c. recommends that product. Phil Scott swears by the stuff - Sun Frog. http://www.sunfrog.com/products/woodsealer.html It's not a film finish like poly.

Knowing what the finish is might help us provide better input.
BTW, nice piece!
Barry

Semigloss has an additive that makes it semigloss. It also clouds the film. Assuming you have put on more than one coat either use gloss for all but the final coat, or use gloss for all and dull with steel wool.
Toller wrote:

A lot of floor finishers do it that way - gloss on all coats except the last one.