Hawk Jointability

Hawk is offering a large (about 33%) discount on several tools including their "JointAbility". Is this as good as they say it is? At under $200, I'd consider getting one.

Reply to
David Wittenberg

yes, it is if you have a god router for it. Be sure to get their bit for it. It has a helical blade and is grat for sommoth joints. I also like thelonger (2") I think...not that you are going to joint that thick a board but it give you better extension out of the router which you need. The holder for the router I found to be a nuisance...I was constantly tripping over it. The accessory for a circular saw is helpful. If you are near Providence RI, let me know. I will sell the shorter one. Keeping the long one.

Check out pages on site:

Reply to
JLucas ILS

It looks good but I found a flaw and the guy showing it at the show acknowledged my thoughts. Like any router using a guide bushing the bushing is probably not perfectly centered with the bit. YOU MUST keep the router clocked in the same position as you run it down the straight edge or your board will have a curved edge. Other than that I am considering one and dumping my jointer.

Reply to
Leon