Having problems with Craftsman Tablesaw

O.k. Its been a few months since I've chimed in but I reformatted and never put the newsgroups back on. Sorry! Anyway my up until now trusty old 10" Craftsman tablesaw has decided to develop a problem. It seems that the arbor in which the blade and belt pully are attached to seems to have come apart? Is this possible? While making my cuts to finish the dresser to match the desk I completed last December for my little girl the blade will suddenly seem to lose power. I troubleshot the symptoms and noticed that the shaft(arbor) would run out on the belt side after making no certain amount of cuts. I pushed the pully and shaft back in and all was well for a while then back under again for the same thing! Well last night I was trying to make some use of my dado blade for the drawer bottoms and the rabbet joints and was only able to get halfway through a 15" cut before the noise came and the power faded on the blade. I am trying to figure out if there is a quick fix for this or if I need to replace the arbor or exactly what I can do to make the saw usuable. I already know you all want to blast me for having the Crapsman in the first place but really what can I do? Thanks, Kevin
Are you sure about this? If the arbor were "running out" the blade would hit the table!
I can't blast you, since I have two Cmen, which work very well. I keep a rip blade on one and a crosscut on the other...very convenient.
To "lose power", something in the drive train has to actually slip. As I recall, the pulley has a keyway, so it can't slip on the shaft.
I have had a pulley setscrew loosen up and make noise, but never slip and lose power. Could this be happening? Could your belt be getting loose and slipping? Be sure the motor is pulling on the belt, not down against mount.
Wilson

never
pully
my
the
in
Well
15"
Yes, as it turns out it is/was a missing key on the shaft. When I was using it last night it was not all that bright (nor was I!) as I was looking in the compartment without any additional light and it seemed as though there was some sort of seperation in the shat but today after getting home from work I was able to see what I was working on (a novel concept!) and found the pully was slipping and not the shaft as I previousley mentioned. Anyway I was able to do a temp fix by cutting a couple washers to size and re-inserting the pully. Works fine now until I can get the real part. Boy am I feeling rather stupid!

for
side
back
you
really
HD should have the key, but it's probably down there in the dust. For a quick fix, use a nail, but be sure you don't get it too large and mess up the groove...better to get the key, if you can. anyonghaseo, Wilson

making
troubleshot
drawer
trying