having a problem with stain!

hi everyone...
I glued a half-lap joint together. However, when it came down to staining, the stain was unable to fully penetrate the areas where the excess glue squirted out. I tried sanding, but that didn't help and the edges where there was excess glue stained to a much lighter color than the rest of the piece. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the excess glue?
thank you for the help
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote in message

Sure is- don't let it get there in the future. Making mistakes is one way we learn- guess I've learned a lot, overall. (The glue penetrates into the wood, so you'd have to remove all the wood/glue matrix in the area for penetrating stain to work. An opaque, non-penetrating stain might salvage the area, or at least not draw attention to it.)
I've often wondered why Norm Abram doesn't tip people when he swabs/wipes off excess glue in a visible area about the challenges of staining the area after.
Live and learn- an enjoyable journey.
Regards, John
On 26 Feb 2004 06:18:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@sme-online.com (John Barry) brought forth from the murky depths:

'Cuz he's a carpenter. Carpenters don't care about that fussy stuff. His use of stain and poly is proof of that. Extra proof of that is in his use of a brad nailah on the face of nigh onta every project he's ever put out. Other than that, I'm cool with the Nahm.
=========================================================CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
If it's oil-based finish, use standard art oil colors to tint your own. If water-based, acrylics work.

Or TransTint dyes.
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:32:42 -0500, "George"