Have you built this DC?

Hi,

I have been communicating with Bill Pentz and he has been a huge help. I was looking at the plans for his Budget Dust Collector

do not want to send unecessary questions to Bill if some of you have built this DC. I really need some input and if you have one a digital picture of how you put it together.

Here are my questions:

- Bill provides very good high-level detail yet I am unsure of how to connect the blower as a DC versus the cyclone - If you have a 6 inch hose or duct, on what part of the blower does that go. Where does the debris go?

- Any suggestions for mounting???

KAB

Reply to
Keith Bozek

Take a look at

info about a complete kit for the cyclone and a welded all-steel blower housing. I've been shipping kits all over North America for several months and the responses have been very good.

I have taken Bill's design, retained the correct dimensions, but modified the components so that they can be easily assembled without needing a lot of specialized tools. They are being built successfully by people with zero prior sheet-metal experience, and the only problems I am encountering seem to be with a small number of individuals who don't pay close attention to the [very detailed] instructions.

Contact me privately if you need more information. An entire system can be built for what you'd pay for a new Kirby or Rainbow household vacuum cleaner, and even less, depending on the size of your shop and how fancy you want to get with ductwork. It is a HUGE improvement over the bag-type DCs that are offered by importers, and it even performs very well against commercial and industrial units of similar size, based on some reports where it has replaced a commercial unit.

Photos of actual construction by the first builder (who had no sheet metal experience) can be made available by private email.

Clarke

Keith Bozek wrote:

Reply to
Clarke Echols