have some free time.

Atta boy GOAT, run him off. Don't want any of them furriners here anyway.

Reply to
John

Tue, Jul 22, 2003, 7:33pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John) puts out: Don't want any of them furriners here anyway.

Indeed? And why would you say something like that?

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

I will be in Orlando also, October 18th-25th. This will be the first, long roadtrip with the kids.

Reply to
spearfox

Heh, heh, heh. I was in Orlando, one of the Disney World hotels, for a press conference in early July. Not seeing or hearing another kid until last weekend was great! Not hearing "Have a magical day" was even greater.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our government is to function it must have dissent." Henry Commager

Reply to
Charlie Self

As I post this my clock tells me it is Tue, Jul 22, 2003, at about

7:20pm EDT here.

I'm just wondering what time zone you are in for your header to claim where you are it is Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 6:34pm (EDT+5). Didn't change it, to keep you post at the top, did you?

Hey JOAT - ya reckon that Michael Finn is in "FINN-land?" Okay - sorry - I'll go back to my room now.

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Moon's is a good place to lfor tools. It is off South Orange Blossom Trail about 20 min from International Drive

Reply to
rllipham

"spearfox" wrote in news:zasTa.61005$R92.16556 @news2.central.cox.net:

Doesn't help Mr Finn, who's presumably flying to Orlando, but if you're driving thru GA on the way to Orlando it's worth stopping at the Agrirama in Tifton GA. Quite a few interesting old-time tools & techniques on display, particularly if the (steam powered) saw mill or cotton gin are in use (the latter is likely in October, too; that's just past cotton harvesting time for that area).

Not much in the wood/tools field in Florida, tho.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

  1. His name is Michael Finn.
  2. He uses the diminutive "Mick", as they do in Ireland.
  3. His addy containes "eircom" as in "Eire"
  4. His server is news.indigo.ie, as in "Ireland."
  5. He posted his message, according to JOAT, at 12:34 pm, and it was received by JOAT at 6:34 pm. Ireland is 6 hours ahead of EDT.

What's the problem here?

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Well "bob" look at the time of my post. That would make Ireland 9 hours ahead of EDT. And if you look at JOATs post, his date is off by a day.

I wont even go into the news server taking time zones into account. Its called top posting. thats the problem.

hardware/diy

Reply to
js

Hi I am going to Florida in October with the family and after seeing all the usual sites I hope to get at least a half day to visit some hardware/diy stores or anything related to woodwork. we will be based in Kissimmee near orlando Florida and as this will be my only opportunity to visit the use I am looking for some recommendations. Mick.

Reply to
MICHAEL FINN

Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 4:44pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (John=A0McCoy) says: If you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd know that he's in Ireland.

Well now, and just how would I be knowing that?

You'd also know that his headers don't claim he's in EDT+5, they claim he's in GMT+1, which is appropriate for Ireland.

Well, I just looked at his original post again, and it still says EDT+5. Dosen't showGMT+1 anywhere. Of course, that's what I read, not what I clam.

You'd also know that his server thinks the article was posted at 18:38 BST on Tuesday, while his computer thinks it is 18:38 BST on Wednesday.

Now, reading that, looks like you are saying his computer has the wrong day showing.

Of course, if you weren't using a crippled computer system (i.e. WebTv) you'd also know that setting the time/date wrong doesn't cause a post to appear "at the top" or in any other significant location.

Ah, you got me there. I don't consider WebTV a computer system at all. I consider it as a terminal. The WebTV folks have the computer. But hey, if I actually needed a computer, I would have a computer. I don't, so I don't. I know you don't care, but for 9 years I worked with

9-11 mid-sized main-frame computers, usually by myself, so yes, I know the difference between WebTV and a computer.

John (not the same as Joh3n, but it seems we think alike....)

Really? Hmm, I don't believe I have seen a post from him that contributed anything to the group, altho I have seen a lot derogatory from him. By the way, apparently HE has a WebTV too.

Amazing isn't it? How a simple question, to satisfy my curiosity, gets responses like this? I guess I could have just called him a dumbass and told him to change the date on his computer. But I didn't. That how you and your buddy with the number, would've done it? Because, truth is, I was just curious, no nasty intent at all. Actually, figured he had probably just made a mistake and typed in the wrong date. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would have known that.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Hey GOAT, I have webtv AND a computer.

Reply to
John

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) wrote in news:17349- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2132.public.lawson.webtv.net:

You had originally said "I'm just wondering what time zone you are in for your header to claim"

which clearly implies you'd looked at his headers. Had you done so, you'd see he's posting from an ISP in .ie, which is Ireland.

You didn't look at his post either. Had you looked at the headers, as you claim, you'd have seen:

18:38:14 BST)

which does not say anything about EDT.

Proving that, regardless of what might have been in the building where you worked, you know little about computers. WebTV is a system. It consists of servers at Microsoft, and terminals at users. You use that system, altho you understand little of it.

Other than a lot of links (which I'll admit to being useful), the same could be said for you. You'll note, by the way, that I have posted a useful comment elsewhere in this thread...

No, you didn't. Instead you posted a smart-ass comment, intended to showoff how brilliant you are while subtly calling the OP an idiot. Unfortunately, all you managed to show is that you're the idiot in this regard...

John

(figures enough time has been wasted in this off-topic thread)

Reply to
John McCoy

Fri, Jul 25, 2003, 12:28am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (John=A0McCoy) says: You had originally said "I'm just wondering what time zone you are in for your header to claim"

The whole thing was: "I'm just wondering what time zone you are in for your header to claim where you are it is Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 6:34pm (EDT+5). Didn't change it, to keep you post at the top, did you?" which clearly implies you'd looked at his headers. Had you done so, you'd see he's posting from an ISP in .ie, which is Ireland.

Well, maybe I should have said "heading" instead. And no, the ie wouldn't mean a thing to me.

You didn't look at his post either. Had you looked at the headers, as you claim, you'd have seen: X-Trace: news.indigo.ie 1058895494 159.134.52.166 (Tue, 22 Jul 2003

18:38:14 BST) which does not say anything about EDT.

See above.

Of course, if you weren't using a crippled computer system (i.e. WebTv) you'd also know that setting the time/date wrong doesn't cause a post to appear "at the top" or in any other significant location.

I know it was the first thread on rec.woodworking for quite a spell, which was what I was apparently not making clear.

Proving that, regardless of what might have been in the building where you worked, you know little about computers. WebTV is a system. It consists of servers at Microsoft, and terminals at users. You use that system, altho you understand little of it.

That sounds like what I was saying, but with different words. Yes, I know where the stuff is, which is why I refer to mine as a terminal. Other than a lot of links (which I'll admit to being useful), the same could be said for you.

I'll try to get on a new batch of dried frog pills, right away.

You'll note, by the way, that I have posted a useful comment elsewhere in this thread...

I saw it.

No, you didn't. Instead you posted a smart-ass comment, intended to showoff how brilliant you are while subtly calling the OP an idiot. Unfortunately, all you managed to show is that you're the idiot in this regard...

LMAO Here we go again, people reading stuff in my posts I never put there. Smartassed comment? That's your opinion. And, if I had wanted to call him an idiot, I woud have called him an idiot, dipstick, or whatever, there wouldn't have been much subtle about it. No reason for me to think he's an idiot, so no reason to call him one. I DID think he might have changed the date on his post, whether by accident, or intent.

But, to be fair, you need to jump on others in this thread, who didn't post a useful commnt for the original posted, not just me. That's discriination otherwise.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT