Have any of you used a Freud FT2000 in a router table without removing the springs?

Have any of you used a Freud FT2000 in a router table without removing the springs? I was hoping I wouldn't have to reconfigure everything if I wanted to remove it from the table and do some plunge routing. Maybe it's stiff because it's still new, but it seems too hard to adjust with all the weight of the router plus the force of the springs opposing the plastic adjustment knobby.
I built the router table myself, and for now at least, there is no insert; the router hangs from the table top itself.
Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
- Owen -

I didn't remove the springs, but I did mount the router in a plate. With the router & plate pulled from the homemade table, adjusting the router to a correct cutting height is not a problem.
Climbing under the table to adjust the handle is not something I would do. There is also the lock lever to account for, BTW.
Patriarch, using the Woodpecker's predrilled phenolic plate, with the various sized throat rings, and happy enough with the combination.
I've done it both ways. I don't recall any particular problem with springs in, but as I always leave it in my table, I took the springs out. I use a PC for hand-held work.
After several years of working in the table, the Freud sto starting

Oops, don't know what I hit. I wanted to tell about the good service I got from Freud.
After several years of working in the table, the Freud quit starting. I sent it back for service; it was returned but still wouldn't start. When I sent it back again, they sent me a replacement, even though it was well out of warranty. The replacement was probably a refurb, but I can't tell and it has now given me about 5 years of dependable service.
Mine is mounted to a plate, which makes it much easier to change bits and adjust height. I think it is a great choice for use in a table.
Steve
Steven and Gail Peterson wrote:

I have trouble with mine also sporadically not starting the last couple of months. Would definitely NOT recommend it. My local WW store has them on clearance now..
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:42:02 -0500, "Owen Lawrence"

speed, no soft start, if that helps you compare.
I left the springs in. I made a crank handle that press fits on the depth adjustment knob. it makes it a *lot* easier to crank it up and down. if you'd like I'll take a picture of it and post it on ABPW.
Owen Lawrence wrote:

Oh, to answer your original question, I left the springs in.