Have a use for 1x1x36 pieces of poplar?

Page 2 of 2

I see that you're still able to outrun the guy's in the white coats - eh Larry......;-0
Bob S.
quickly quoth:

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:02:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "BobS"

Ah, you betcha, ya top-posting bastid.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A PSYCHOLOGIST looks at everyone -else- || http://www.diversify.com when an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming

Trivets, drawer glides, trellisses for climbing plants, jigs in the shop, shelf supports, whacking sticks, play blocks for kids...
--
"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a
well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy
On 8 Nov 2005 11:26:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

Chop em up for model train parts, ala Brio and Tommy Tank. Poplar and Birch are the two most common woods used for them.
Where is this plant? I could use a double armful.
Bob McConnell N2SPP

Make Lincoln Logs out of them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Logs http://tinyurl.com/9kdla
In Louisville, KY.
Jeff
hello,
You have kids? or friends with kids? Make Kapla (http://www.kaplaworld.com /) out of them! lots of them!!!! Kapla is a contruction game using wood sticks of dimentions 1*3*15 that you just stack together to create structures... you would be extremly surprised at the type of stuff you can do (hint, use gravity and spread load to create over hand structures)... look at some examples at the above URL and this one too... http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000620.php
also, I saw a couple of postings from peoples looking to make spindle craddles.. sell them the sticks with a spindle pattern :-)
cyrille

On 8 Nov 2005 11:26:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

I'd take every piece I could get.. even if I had to build a storage shed.. *g*
Besides the obvious things such as a life-long kindling supply, you KNOW that as soon as you turn them down, some project will start and you'll be cutting wood into 1x1" strips.. *g*
Poplar should be good for things like drawer slides and stuff in shop cabinets, trim strips, moldings, etc.... maybe glue up some table tops or something??
If all else fails, put 'em on ebay in batches of 100.... folks will find a use for them..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing