Have a use for 1x1x36 pieces of poplar?

Make Lincoln Logs out of them?

Roy Smith

Rats, Larry. That was my first (and only) idea and you took the words out of my keyboard. Sigh. :-( twitch, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:02:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "BobS" quickly quoth:

Ah, you betcha, ya top-posting bastid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- A PSYCHOLOGIST looks at everyone -else- ||

an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good idea. :-)

Thanks. Jeff

Reply to
astutesolutions

In Louisville, KY.

Jeff

Reply to
astutesolutions

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
astutesolutions

hello,

You have kids? or friends with kids? Make Kapla

out of them! lots of them!!!! Kapla is a contruction game using wood sticks of dimentions 1*3*15 that you just stack together to create structures... you would be extremly surprised at the type of stuff you can do (hint, use gravity and spread load to create over hand structures)... look at some examples at the above URL and this one too...
I saw a couple of postings from peoples looking to make spindle craddles.. sell them the sticks with a spindle pattern :-)

cyrille

Reply to
Cyrille de Brébisson

I'd take every piece I could get.. even if I had to build a storage shed.. *g*

Besides the obvious things such as a life-long kindling supply, you KNOW that as soon as you turn them down, some project will start and you'll be cutting wood into 1x1" strips.. *g*

Poplar should be good for things like drawer slides and stuff in shop cabinets, trim strips, moldings, etc.... maybe glue up some table tops or something??

If all else fails, put 'em on ebay in batches of 100.... folks will find a use for them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis