Have A Great Bird

Enjoy Thanksgiving, those of you in the U.S.
My wife has already started cooking, baking an apple/walnut cake yesterday after doing the shopping. Today, more cakes, I guess, and then tomorrow the bird. THe kids will roll in with various dishes and I will wish that the oldest had taken the damned piano so there would be more space in the dining room.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx
Charlie Self wrote:

Thank you. You too! Mega carbs, turkey, football, leftovers and (hopefully) sex. It doesn't get any better than that! ;-)

What kind/style? I might be happy to drive up and get it out of your way... ;-)
-- Mark

You do all that with a turkey?
Happy Turkey day guys - even the weird ones ;-)
--

Greg

Grfeg Millen asks:

Not everybody and not all of them at the same time. The carbs are from the stuffing. The rest I won't explain.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

uh-huh... it's that triptophan, free and legal dope from the turkey meat.
Alex
Charlie Self wrote:

You cheat yourself. ;-) Growing up in South Dakota USA I was one of six children. Thanksgiving carbs *always* included at least stuffing (or dressing, as it is known west of the Missouri), mashed potatoes, squash (?carbs?) and baked sweet potatoes with a marshmallow topping. Wonderful!
My family is smaller. This year it is the wife & I and a high school senior daughter. This year the stuffing will be based on sourdough bread (yummm!). I always have to lobby hard to get the other carbs. ;-) I settle for 3 of 4 as long as one of the three is mashed potatoes. Yes, I am willing to mash them. ;-)
-- Mark

Not every one celebrates Thanksgiving the same way. LOL

It looks like you will have a happy thanksgiving, all about thanking God for providing this incredible land we have to be citizens in. But one thing... don't forget the matzo ball soup!
Alex

Is any other part of the Matzo edible? :D

Not until you make them into the balls, it takes eggs and oil, some mild spices, then that mixture sits in the 'fridge, then into chicken soup they go. Plain, bland matzo cracker is really for religious purposes in remembrance of the unleavened (un-risen) bread of the exodus. Not that I care about that, it is interesting, but I am a christian believer.
Alex

the
oldest
room.
Right back to you Charlie, and all the other wRECkers.
24lb. bird is in sink thawing since last night. Make cranberry sauce later. Stuff the bird & take it to daughter's early in AM to cook. Tomorrow we'll have 23? 24? 25? Never sure, just set another place or two!
--
Nahmie
"Norman D. Crow"wrote in message

Ditto
later.
Picked up the bird on Sat and put it in the upstairs fridge to thaw. Will chop vegetables tonight for the dirty rice dressing and put both on/in the stove at 5 AM tomorrow morning. Today is the shopping day for the rest of the "stuff"
We only have 14 this year ... but that trestle table I finished earlier this year will see its first holiday seating of young'uns. (OBWW)
Youngest daughter finally arrived safely from college last evening, 6 hours later then scheduled, after being stranded in both Little Rock and Dallas due to weather. We had one-helluva-storm right _after_ the plane landed.
There's plenty to be thankfull for, starting right there!
Laissez les bon ton roulet ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Charlie Self wrote:

And the best to you and yours, Charlie.
Two of the daughters and families are coming Thursday so I hired Jimmy the Bobcat wizard to clear the driveway for parking. Maggy bought a Heritage Turkey (it's a real bird) this year. Hoping the young folks will enjoy it. Then starting Friday, our community has the Artisan's Walk where some of the local artists and artisans display and sell their wares. Three of the kids participate and even the Geezer (yr hmbl srvnt) will be there hoping nothing sells so that he doesn't have to make more Christmas presents.
A grand time will be had by all. Happy Thanksgiving all.
    mahalo,     jo4hn

And to you, you old grump, and all the other wreckers who have made so many positive contributions in this last year.
Bob
Charlie Self wrote:

The only enjoyable thing about Thanksgiving is that Mom fixes us (our local branch of the clan) all a real Thanksgiving dinner the Saturday after. :)
The main one is usually not that fun, and the food is worse. I can't wait. Kinda like the Christmas dinner scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. :)

You could always throw it off the back of a truck and watch it go kaBONG in the middle of the street. That happened to a friend of mine when I was in high school. Someone had given him a piano, and we tried to get it home on his dad's little Isuzu pickup truck. I kept telling them (him, his dad, his twin brother) we should get some ropes or straps or something, but I got out-voted. I was right. If was one of life's more unusual experiences for sure.
Happy bird gutting day.