has the makings for a gloat

I was working in the shop last night when I noticed a man walking towards me. I turned off the saw to see what he wanted.

"You do woodworking?" he asked.

"Naw, I'm a nuclear physicist, here's your sign," I thought. I SAID," yes sir."

"Do you want to buy a 15 in. Jet planer?"

I looked behind me at my new Dw735 and thought to myself..."figures"

"How much?"

" I bought a bunch of tools at an auction and they just been sitting in my barn and I want to just get my money back out of them, " he replied.

I was intrigued though I noticed he didn't answer my question. "What else ya got?" I asked.

"Well, I also have a 8 inch planer with a 6 foot table and fence, and a....."

I was busy trying to decipher what he meant and didn't catch all of what he rattled off. I turned and pointed to my 6 inch jointer and asked," does that 8 inch planer look like that?"

"Yeah," he said looking happy to have something to reference it," just bigger."

"Hmmm..." I thought. "Has tools to sell and doesn't know what they are called. This could be good."

Turns out he lives behind me and the tools are all sitting in his barn. I'm going over there tonight to check this out. I'll report back.

Reply to
mel

Well, good luck; but most everything went for a bit over value at the auctions I have been to. The only bargains I have found were garage sales.

Reply to
Toller

The fawn dips it's head for another cool drink of water. Close by, a ripple of excitement runs down the sinuous body of the waiting leopard. It creeps forward slowly - blending seemlessly, invisibly, with surrounding brush.

Ummmm...."Meat for dinner".

Reply to
Jay Pique

True, But you never know. May not have been advertised real well, Could have been a bunch of ladies looking for antiques. Tony D.

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

Me too. The operative word being "most". I attend numerous auctions (maybe 25 a year) and most of the time I just shake my head at the prices people spend on things. However, sometimes I walk away with a big smile. It's a numbers game. The more you attend the more opportunities you have for a good deal. On the other hand, the more you attend the more hours you kill waiting and waiting only to have the price go beyond your limit before you even get to bid once.

Reply to
Larry C

IT'S A GLOAT!!! (see new post for details)

Reply to
mel

Reply to
Anthony Diodati