Has anyone tried these corner clamps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 761&item#73925712
This seller also sells this type: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 761&item#73855091
They look OK from the pictures, but interested to see if anyone has them.
The shortcoming of th corner clamp you pointed to is that it will only secure one of the two pieces of wood needed for a joint.
The second clamp you pointed to looks like it'd have trouble with two different thickness of stock.
I think it's PONY that makes a better version of the first corner clamp - both parts are clamped rather than just one part. It also has speed nuts on both screws - so opening and closing the jaws or closing them quickly.
charlie b
Charlie, I will defer to you re the Pony clamps being better, but in the first link that Subw00er posted it looks to me that both pieces would be clamped. Am I missing something?
--
Larry C in Auburn, W

"charlie b" < snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com> wrote in message
Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

Defer? "That a bald guy joke?" asked the follicly challenge fellow.
I only saw the first image of the first url provided. The image was clipped so it seemed there was only one movable jaw. Viewing the larger image both jaws AND the button operated speed nut are visible. So - I've got four of these clamps - the silvered version - and they work fine for drawer, box and frame assembly. Jaws aren't tall enough for ply cabinets though.
The clamp in the second url - when I saw the additional images - looks interesting. The swivel allows for two different stock thicknesses. The push button speed nut is lacking but I don't know how you could get the shaft to swivel AND have the speed nut option.
Bottom line though is that for $15, about the price of the ones I've got, springing for a pair to try wouldn't be much of a risk.
charlie b
Larry C writes:

$8.99 per clamp shipping?
Charlie Self "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." Dorothy Parker

I have four edge clamps from HF, I depend on it to construct my mobile TS cabinet and 12 cabinets (WIP) in my garage.
You are wrong it can clamps two sides wood or plywood.

The clamp will let you clamp two different thickness, you can even adjust it so that the edges need not to be aligns.

On HF edge clamp, the two "red" buttons speed up screwing or releasing the clamping. HF also has the PONY version, but I find it heavy and impractical.
STOP!! DON"T bids!
The clamps look exactly like the ones I bought from HF, I paid something like $10 each, see the link below.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber8661 http://order.harborfreight.com:80/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp?ts=Sat%20Jan%2017%2020:20:17%20PST%202004
I bought two HF's corner clamps to try and bought another two more after I found it is an essential fixture for making frameless plywood cabinet with no one helping you. The four (prefer eight clamps) clamps hold the four sides plywood in place, while you apply pipes clamps.

I have a version of the second clamp purchased from Lee Valley Tools. It's very handy for assembling stuff while you're nailing or screwing it together.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page1165&category=1,43838&ccurrency=1&SID
this type: