Has anyone bought this yet?

Page 2 of 2

Cool concept, bottom of the line slide. It could be so much better with stronger slides. Probably OK for light applications.
Leon wrote:

Looks like you can use your own slides. The hook is mounted to it with a screw.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

That would be much better!

I agree, Leon. The trend seems to be heading into the direction of the undermount/hidden 'blumotion' slides. A better look, a better use of interior space. This pilaster system works well with face-frames. Light duty.
Truth is, I wish I would have thougt of it.... This company makes it sound as if people are going to be changing drawer heights on a regular basis. Just because it is easy to move the drawers, doesn't mean people are going to do that.
I agree, Leon. The trend seems to be heading into the direction of the undermount/hidden 'blumotion' slides. A better look, a better use of interior space. This pilaster system works well with face-frames. Light duty.
Truth is, I wish I would have thougt of it.... This company makes it sound as if people are going to be changing drawer heights on a regular basis. Just because it is easy to move the drawers, doesn't mean people are going to do that.
Agreed, it will make initial installation easier for the DIY'er. Then it "might" get changed again some time in the distant future. That said however, I bet it gets changed several times initially when the DIY'er tries to get all the stuff back in that was stored in there in the first place. Obviously the set up takes up more room and adding sliding drawers of any type, even in the traditional manner, typically wastes the room between the slide and the inner cabinet side if the cabinet has face frames. I think its greatest value will be for use of new cabinets that are empty to start with and the DIY'er wants to them more convenient to access.

As a retrofit item...yup, I can see that.
Robatoy wrote:

I agree that it wouldn't happen *that* often. But I can tell you that when you to, those would rock your world. From personal experience, people buy new pots and pans all the time... and new kitchen gadgets that are too big for the top drawer or whatever. Or they get into a certain cooking trend and want certain utensils and cookware more handy than before. Then a few months later.... or a season change.... they go back to other trends.
How often do you change the shelves in the refrigerator? But when you do, you're very glad it's easy... if it's easy.
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:56:58 -0600, -MIKE-

Howdy,
It would work better with "trays" than with drawers.
Wouldn't the depth of ordinary drawers prevent any significant repositioning?
All the best,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth wrote:

I could see it working very well in a system in which drawers were maybe three sizes, and two little sizes took up the same space as one big size. The other thing I could see is having spare drawer fronts of different sizes that snapped on and off just as easily.
After all, a drawer is just a tray with sides, right?
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:09:15 -0600, -MIKE-

Hi again,
Your three size idea would make sense, but it is interesting to note that the sales pitch starts with:
"We all know how much time and effort goes into setting up a rollout tray system." ^^^^
All the best,
--
Kenneth

It's pretty simple to make your own with any type of slide you like. I've done them with Blum undermounts for pantry units before.
JP

Where do you get them ?
Smitty

HEY PEOPLE. . . .Nobody has said who supplies this system. Anyone know ?
Smitty
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

LOL! Sorry for highjacking your thread; I think everybody is looking up the pronunciation of "pilaster" instead of where to find the product...
And I can't answer the question either so I'll just shut up now. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, I did. http://www.udb.cc/ProductType.aspx?product_line_id )
Have you heard of google? :-)
--

-MIKE-

No, but looks interesting. Cost can be important.