Has anyone bought this yet?

Anyone bought this yet?

interesting. My better half wants pullout shelving and this looks like it makes it a no brainer. The vendor says he sells tons of them...anyone tried them?

Jb

Reply to
JB Jumpback

No, but I am, now. Swap drawers as easy as moving a shelf, I love it.

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Dig that crazy pronunciation of "pilaster".

Pretty spiffy product though; I could see myself using those.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Cool concept, bottom of the line slide. It could be so much better with stronger slides. Probably OK for light applications.

Reply to
Leon

Where do you get them ?

Smitty

Reply to
papadoo1

somebody clue a dialup user about what "this" is?

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I agree with the video pronunciation of pilaster. How do you say it?

Reply to
DanG

A height adjustable drawer slide kit. Cheap Slides.

Reply to
Leon

A few of the video shows that they could be used with just about any slide.

Seems to me, they wanted to use slides with the smallest profile so it would block the working of the system.

Reply to
-MIKE-

"wouldn't" block

Reply to
-MIKE-

Looks like you can use your own slides. The hook is mounted to it with a screw.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I agree, Leon. The trend seems to be heading into the direction of the undermount/hidden 'blumotion' slides. A better look, a better use of interior space. This pilaster system works well with face-frames. Light duty.

Truth is, I wish I would have thougt of it.... This company makes it sound as if people are going to be changing drawer heights on a regular basis. Just because it is easy to move the drawers, doesn't mean people are going to do that.

Reply to
Robatoy

That would be much better!

Reply to
Leon

I agree, Leon. The trend seems to be heading into the direction of the undermount/hidden 'blumotion' slides. A better look, a better use of interior space. This pilaster system works well with face-frames. Light duty.

Truth is, I wish I would have thougt of it.... This company makes it sound as if people are going to be changing drawer heights on a regular basis. Just because it is easy to move the drawers, doesn't mean people are going to do that.

Agreed, it will make initial installation easier for the DIY'er. Then it "might" get changed again some time in the distant future. That said however, I bet it gets changed several times initially when the DIY'er tries to get all the stuff back in that was stored in there in the first place. Obviously the set up takes up more room and adding sliding drawers of any type, even in the traditional manner, typically wastes the room between the slide and the inner cabinet side if the cabinet has face frames. I think its greatest value will be for use of new cabinets that are empty to start with and the DIY'er wants to them more convenient to access.

Reply to
Leon

Well I'm sure this is one of those words where there is no clear consensus on pronunciation; I say it (and have heard it said) with a short "i", slight accent on the first syllable, with the second syllable being "lest" or "lust" instead of "LAST", but mine could very well be the "bastardized" version. According to some dictionaries the guy is using a "correct" pronunciation, but his inflection just sounds goofy to me, like he's undecided about whether the accent belongs on the first or second syllable. I don't think the guy is a wooddorker. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I always thought pil-aster, like baluster. I have heard Norm say pie-laster.

The apparent pronunciation does sound odd to me also but then some think y'all is strange. How about the Boston area accent, measured 'dRawerings" for a chest of draws? Or from down her in southern Texas, the Latino lady in the shoe store cannot decide on which pair of choose to shoes for the dance.

Reply to
Leon

As a retrofit item...yup, I can see that.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, there is the problem...anything 'as Norm say it' is suspect...

Reply to
Robatoy

My thoughts exactly.

Which makes me all the more inclined to stick with my own. LOL!

Reply to
Steve Turner

I like the way this guy says it but I'm from Pittsburgh... I think the dictionary says it funny. Go here and click on "hear":

I think the product has a use for sliding shelves where you could want to adjust the height or add/remove sliding drawers depending on storage needs. I doubt they would be used more than once in a lifetime though. Even adjustable shelving... Once set up, they pretty much stay there forever...

Reply to
Jack Stein