Has anyone bought this yet?

Page 1 of 2
Anyone bought this yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN16t23Yl6Y
. Looks interesting. My better half wants pullout shelving and this looks like it makes it a no brainer. The vendor says he sells tons of them...anyone tried them?
Jb
JB Jumpback wrote:

No, but I am, now. Swap drawers as easy as moving a shelf, I love it.
Thanks for the link.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

somebody clue a dialup user about what "this" is?
basilisk

A height adjustable drawer slide kit. Cheap Slides.

http://www.udb.cc/ProductType.aspx?product_line_id )
A few of the video shows that they could be used with just about any slide.
Seems to me, they wanted to use slides with the smallest profile so it would block the working of the system.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

"wouldn't" block
--

-MIKE-

google "QuikTray"
JB Jumpback wrote:

Dig that crazy pronunciation of "pilaster".
Pretty spiffy product though; I could see myself using those.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
DanG wrote:

Well I'm sure this is one of those words where there is no clear consensus on pronunciation; I say it (and have heard it said) with a short "i", slight accent on the first syllable, with the second syllable being "lest" or "lust" instead of "LAST", but mine could very well be the "bastardized" version. According to some dictionaries the guy is using a "correct" pronunciation, but his inflection just sounds goofy to me, like he's undecided about whether the accent belongs on the first or second syllable. I don't think the guy is a wooddorker. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

I always thought pil-aster, like baluster. I have heard Norm say pie-laster.
The apparent pronunciation does sound odd to me also but then some think y'all is strange. How about the Boston area accent, measured 'dRawerings" for a chest of draws? Or from down her in southern Texas, the Latino lady in the shoe store cannot decide on which pair of choose to shoes for the dance.

Well, there is the problem...anything 'as Norm say it' is suspect...<G>

Leon wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Which makes me all the more inclined to stick with my own. LOL!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

So we can conclude that any time we hear some one say it on TV or over the internet it is said by someone with an incorrect accent! ;!)
"Leon" wrote

Reminds me of that line that Jimmy Carter used when campaigning for the presidency. When giving speeches in the south, he would always end his speech with the line, "Wouldn't it be nice if we had someone in the White House that did not speak with an accent?"

Yea-s
Steve Turner wrote:

I like the way this guy says it but I'm from Pittsburgh... I think the dictionary says it funny. Go here and click on "hear":
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=1&q=pilaster
Also, I think the product has a use for sliding shelves where you could want to adjust the height or add/remove sliding drawers depending on storage needs. I doubt they would be used more than once in a lifetime though. Even adjustable shelving... Once set up, they pretty much stay there forever...
--
Jack

Is that what you do to a wall? LOL Pilaster the wall.
Leon wrote:

After patching up many a botched cable-TV installation, I'm sure that's how Larry the Cable Guy would describe what he's had to do. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Coincidentally, I just 30 minutes ago finished putting some mud on a patch in my living room and I am waiting for that to dry. Our dainty Great Dane was coming in for a landing on her bed and her large buttocks region kinda fish tailed on approach and broke out a piece of sheet rock about the size of an enormous grapefruit. I ended up placing a 15"x 20" patch in the wall.