Hardwoods - Tampa Bay Area

Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods. I live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if necessary.
Thanks for your help.
Jim
On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:30:47 GMT, "Jim Jacobs"

There's supposed to be a pretty good one in Lakeland, which is only about 45 minutes east of you (depending on I-4). I can't remember the name, but try http://www.woodfinder.com or do a phone search.
Also, cocobolo inc (http://www.cocoboloinc.com ) is in Pinellas Park.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

There is "Hardwood Lumber and Millwork" in Lakeland. I haven't been there is several months (since I moved north), but they used to have a good selection of excellent quality woods. They were not cheap however.
Good Luck,
Mike
Jim - If you can make it over this way (Orlando), I can suggest a couple places - but I know it's a PITA drive.
jim bailey

Jim J -- Woodcraft in Clearwater has a small collection of hardwoods for woodworkers.
Jim B -- What are your suggestions in Orlando? We're near Sebring and regularly go to Orlando or Tampa for shopping and a night out -- both are about 110 miles away. How's THAT for a PITA! -- Regards --

On Thu, 05 May 2005 01:36:38 GMT, "Jim Bailey"

Hey, Jim!
Doing any work on the '54?
I sold my DJ15, plus the table saw, and the drill press. Still have the RAS, the lathe, and the jig saw, but at least I have some ROOM!
What places do you have over there? I've seen Amazon in Casselberry on Woodfinders. Is that one of them? I've never been there.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Jim,
I'm in Tampa, too. There were a couple really good places - super prices. But...much to my dismay, both have recently closed down.
About the best left is Rome Lumber. They have a pretty good selection of rough lumber. Weiss Hardwoods is in Largo. Lots of nice stuff, although they aren't the cheapest. I would love to be able to start a lumber company for wood workers in the area.....maybe one of these days.
Aaron

There's also a guy who was advertising in the paper for the longest while. He has a sawmill up in Brooksville. It was about a 30 minutes drive up the Suncoast Pkwy from the Citrus Park mall. He really had only florida woods (cyprus, pine, fl. cherry, maple, etc) but everything was under a buck a foot. Check out the "Building Supplies" section of the trib every so often. Maybe he'll start to advertise again.