Hardwood sources in the Washington DC area

Greetings all,
I'm a recent resident of the area around DC fondly known as Suburban Virginia. We moved from the suburbs of New Orleans in June.
Can anyone provide names of resources for hardwood within say 50 miles of DC? I live on the west side of town, Ashburn actually, so sources toward West Virginia are okay as well.
Thanks a lot. ==========================================================================Chris

Hey Chris, Are you aware of Woodfinder? I'm up north of Baltimore but I thought this may be helpful to you.
http://www.woodfinder.com /
Marc

No I am not. This is very cool
Thanks a lot

http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/011595.php
This guy has very good prices and selection. Location may not be great for you from VA, but he's a tenth of a mile for me. :)

Dale lumber in Leesburg (Little experience with them other then talking to the owner. Seems nice enough, I may go see him next time I am shopping. McDaniel's Hardwood in Kearneysville Wv. I have bought quite a bit from them. They are very nice, very knowledgeable and very helpful.
SteveP.

Thanks to all who responded. I'll check them out.

For starters ---
Northland Forest Products 9300 Litho Lane Manassas VA 20110
703-393-7500 ___________________
Vienna Hardwoods 241 Mill Street NE Vienna VA 22180
703-255-9663 Toll Free: 1-800-571-9663 ______________________
Woodcraft Supply Concord Shopping Center 6123 Backlick Road Springfield VA 22150 703-912-6727
and
Woodcraft Supply Leesburg Plaza 512 E. Market Leesburg VA 20176 703-737-7880
There's also Dunlap out near Dulles. Sorry, I don't have their address handy, but they specialize in fantastically figured wood.
Joel
http://www.freestatetimbers.com /
I've bought from these two guys. Lots of wood. They have jointer, planer etc there so you can go home with surfaced wood. Big stock of all kinds of lumber. plus burls, slabs and plywood.
This is also baltimore, but worth a drive if you ask me...
Mitch
There's Colonial Hardwoods in the Springfield area. http://www.colonialhardwoods.com / I used to buy from them before I left the area 10 years ago. -Dave
--
http://plumpe.home.mindspring.com
email: snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Superb,
Thanks to all

I have good luck with Northland Forest Products. They have a big selection and multiple thicknesses of the species of wood that they carry. Some of the other places have limited selections and their prices seem higher, sometimes considerably so.
Make an effort to get to Hicksville Planing Mill, approximately 10 miles west of Hagerstown, MD, off of Highway 70:
Hicksville Planing Mill 14464 Hicksville Road Clear Spring, MD 21722 301-842-3474
The mill is run by a Mennonite group and the prices for a large variety of hard and soft woods would more than offset the cost of the drive out there.

Will do,
Thanks again to all who responded!