hardwood source Minneapolis, MN area.

Returning to cabinet and furniture building ( House remodel). Looking for good quality hardwood at a reasonable price In the Minneapolis area. My the local outlet are all gone.

Reply to
ggburke

I might be able to help depending on what you are looking for. I'm not in the T.C. but not too far away. I have alot of red oak and Black ash on hand also other mixed species. Ross

Ross Hebeisen

I don't know about price, but is Youngblood Lumber (used to be around Broadway and Central) still around? There are lots of small sawmills over here in western Wisconsin. Schmitt Timber in Spring Valley, Wisconsin comes to mind. 715-778-5533.

Pete Stanaitis

--------------------

ggburke wrote:

Reply to
spaco

also there is Lake Elmo hardwoods, I think Youngbloods would be spendy. Ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

There is a sawmill in Courtland, between Mankato and New Ulm that will sell to individuals. They have a lot of local hard woods. I buy most of my wood there. Either rough or finished. Cherry, Oak, Walnut, Birch, aspen, and others. Is that "in the neighborhood"?

Old Guy

Reply to
Old Guy

When I saw the first image I thought, "Damn, that's one big-ass burl." The caption described it as huge. I beg to differ. It's one big-ass burl...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Alas, Lake Elmo's hardwood store has closed. It was my favorite by far. Youngblood's is still here.

-Brian

Reply to
rtandems

Is that Minnesota Valley Forest Products Mill?

It's a bit of a drive, but it might be worth checking out.

-Brian

Reply to
rtandems

You're welcome to take a look at my site at

m We're located about 45 miles south of Rochester in Lime Springs, IA. Jana

Reply to
janahartzell

Reply to
Arden Greener

I worked for Minnesota valley forest products for many years. Talked with a guy from Mankato a while back that purchased some wood there, he said it was supposed to be kiln dried but was no way close to dry. on the burl issue I beg to differ also that is one big ash burl. thanks for stopp'in in. I do have some walnut, basswood, birch, maple,black ash green ash red elm, grey elm, white oak, red oak hackberry, red pine, white pine, just not much cherry in stock. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Hey Ross, When/what dept. were you in when you worked for Frank? Jana

Reply to
janahartzell

I was in log procurment trying to keep the wood eatting monster Frank built alive. In addition to trying to co-ordinate cutting crews trucking dealing with land owners etc. I could run any peice of equipment he had inculding the mill, just to fill a void needed. was there from 77 to 86. was fun but didn't leave much life on call or duty 24-7. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Funny~My husband used to buy about 2 million ft a year for Frank and Mary. We kept 5 crews going full time. Finally twisted in about 94. Jim said his "education" cost a fortune. But, there was always a good meal involved on scale day. Frank loves to eat! Jana

Reply to
janahartzell

not that it had anything to do with me leaving but it seemed like things started going down hill after the time I left, I guess I did see the writing on the wall. It was to bad, although sometimes very hard, had many good years there. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen