Hardwood source in the Bay Area?

Nothing exotic, anywhere in the Bay Area that's reasonably priced.

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

satisfied customer. 4 locations.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

There is handloggers in Richmond, Macbeath in SF and Berkeley, (I get a trade discount), Aura, JH Higgins, and some others. max

Reply to
max

Ecco timber in Berkeley. I think Pals bought them and changed the name.

Reply to
max

Northern Hardwoods in Santa Clara, Aura Hardwoods in San Jose. And not so reasonably (but some REAL nice wood) Southern Lumber in San Jose.

Reply to
george

PALS is your best bet if you want to hand select. At their Oakland location you can walk in and hand pick. Their prices are basicially the same as cabinet shops pay. They have all the basisc and some exotic. They also have a section with sustainably forested versions of Maple, Cherry, etc. It is not any more expensive just not as many wide widths.

Higgins or Hardwoods in Livermore if you want to order and have it delivered.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Northern has been OOB for a couple of years. Some of them started the Global Wood Source at 101 & Zanker.

Jackel in Watsonville is worth the drive

Southern prices are stratospheric. Avoid if at all possible. (quality is fine, particularly if you need S4S exotics).

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Leave the area for a few years and the rest of you folks don't do your job buying from them, eh?

Reply to
george

Thanks for all the good information. Now I need to take a day off and drive around to check it out.

Reply to
Fred