hardwood source

A while back I found an online hardwood source in this group. It was located in the East somewhere (N.Y., I think). The prices were very reasonable and they shipped all over the country. I even called them, but they only sold with with a minimum of 500 board feet. At the time I didn't need that much and didn't pursue it. Now I do and I can't recall the name of the supplier. Does anyone out there have any idea which company I'm talking about? If not, I'd like any recommendations for sources of economical hardwoods.

Thanks, Carol

Reply to
cjscurria

nospambob

Here is a link to a company I have dealt with in the past and been more than satisfied. The company is Niagara Lumber and they are located in East Aurora NY just south of Buffalo. They ship all over and carry nice lumber.

Reply to
bitternut

Steve Wall Lumber, not in NY, but will ship anywhere, honest, good stuff. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Pig

FWIW, I stopped in at Advantage Lumber a few weeks ago. Rob says he is once again shipping small orders but they can NOT hand select the boards to meet length/width requirements. If someone wants, lets say, 50 bd/ft and is willing to accept random widths Rob will ship small orders.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Depends on what you are looking for.

have many exotics at reasonable prices, but they are kinda high on domestics. I have not mailordered from them, but bought some nice curly cherry, shedua, and bubinga last month from their store.

Reply to
toller

I've purchased from Bristol Valley Hardwoods in Bristol NY a few times

They have & ship various 'bonus packs' from 20-100 bf

Ron