hardwood source

A while back I found an online hardwood source in this group. It was located in the East somewhere (N.Y., I think). The prices were very reasonable and they shipped all over the country. I even called them, but they only sold with with a minimum of 500 board feet. At the time I didn't need that much and didn't pursue it. Now I do and I can't recall the name of the supplier. Does anyone out there have any idea which company I'm talking about? If not, I'd like any recommendations for sources of economical hardwoods.
Thanks, Carol
Advantage Lumber used to ship a board or carload, now limits to larger shipments, maybe 500BF or greater. www.advantagelumber.com
On 3 Apr 2005 20:56:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

nospambob wrote:

FWIW, I stopped in at Advantage Lumber a few weeks ago. Rob says he is once again shipping small orders but they can NOT hand select the boards to meet length/width requirements. If someone wants, lets say, 50 bd/ft and is willing to accept random widths Rob will ship small orders.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Steve Wall Lumber, not in NY, but will ship anywhere, honest, good stuff. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
http://www.walllumber.com/default.asp
Mutt
Depends on what you are looking for. http://www.westpennhardwoods.com/static/index.htm They have many exotics at reasonable prices, but they are kinda high on domestics. I have not mailordered from them, but bought some nice curly cherry, shedua, and bubinga last month from their store.