hardwood inlays

I am looking for an online source for exotic hardwood inlays.
Specifically I am looking for Ebony (1/4" x 3/4" x 7" min. length).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, John

Find an ebony board 3/4in thick and whatever length you need, and cut your own 1/2x3/4 strips on the tablesaw
John
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:42:51 GMT, "John Pilhoefer"

That could be quite expensive. You will be wasting at least $20.00 per BF. This stuff typically goes for $60.00 per BF.

Hence the practice of 'ebonizing' something like maple. I use Solarlux dye on the rare occasions I've done it.
Patriarch
And you think inlay strips are going to be LESS expensive per board foot??? Dream on
John On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:36:47 GMT, "Leon"

I find a great deal of exotics on ebay (cocobolo, paduak, bloodwood). With some patience, and good timing you can walk away with exactly what you are after.
Todd
Here is a violin finger board but these guys sem to have lots of material http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Violin:_Fingerboards.html